Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 50.84972°N / 15.42000°E
Activities Activities: Hiking, Skiing
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 3694 ft / 1126 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Wysoka Kopa (German: Hinterberg) is the highest peak of Jizera Mountains (Polish: Góry Izerskie, Czech: Jizerské hory, German: Isergebirge). It's an inconspicuous mountain on the Polish side of Jizera Mountains, not far from Czech Republic, easy to hike, so it's a good trip for hiking even with children in summer and for cross-country skiing in winter. It is just 2 meters higher then the highest mountain on the Czech side, Smrk.

The peak itself is not very spectacular, but on the way up there there are many nice views to the highest Czech mountain range Krkonoše.

Wysoka Kopa - view in winterThe top in January

Wysoka Kopa - the peak in summerThe top in June

Getting There

The peak lays near the red marked trail going over the ridge on the Polish side from Świeradów-Zdrój to Szklarska Poręba. It's also a part of Główny Szlak Sudecki trail. At the 90° turn between Sine Skałki, there is a small shelter. From this shelter, there is a small path heading up to the summit. It's only a few hundred meters of easy hike from there, although when the snow is melting or after the rain, it could become very wet.

Shelter under Wysoka KopaThe shelter by the branch in January


If one wants to go up quickly, there are two ways:
1) When hiking, park your car at Rozdroże Izerskie on the road between Świeradów-Zdrój and Szklarska Poręba and take the green marked trail to the abandoned quarry. Then follow the red marked trail to the shelter mentioned.
2) If cycling or cross-country skiing, the fastest way is from Jakuszyce - follow the green marked trail to the quarry mentioned in 1) and then follow the same red marked trail up.

There are many other possibilities to go, i.e. from the Czech side from Jizerka, the red marked trail following the ridge has some spectaular views both from east (Szklarska Poręba) or west (Stóg Izerski, 1105 m, one can go up by a chairlift or on foot/ski/bicycle from Świeradów-Zdrój).

In winter, prepare for a huge amount of snow, it could be really difficult to go without ski or snowshoes. I wouldn't recommend cycling or hiking (without snowshoes) from December to March/May, depending on the winter.

Red Tape

The area is accessible all year.
Add Camping text here.

External Links

Wysoka Kopa on Wikipedia (only in Polish and Czech)
Trail Główny Szlak Sudecki
The town Szklarska Poręba
The town Świeradów-Zdrój
Rozdroże Izerskie (only in Polish)
Jakuszyce (only in Polish)

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
yatsek

yatsek - Oct 12, 2011 3:48 pm - Voted 7/10

More Pix

Ahoj! It might be a good idea to attach/use more pix (not necessarily those from the Tatras ;-))

yatsek

yatsek - Aug 31, 2017 12:29 pm - Voted 7/10

The shelter

Please see here.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.