Revolcadores (Alto del Obispo)

Revolcadores (Alto del Obispo)

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 38.06810°N / 2.26258°W
Activities Activities: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 6608 ft / 2014 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Revolcadores (Alto del Obispo)

In the small massif or Revolcadores is the highest peak of province of Murcia at S.E. of Spain. The real name of the highest summit is Alto del Obispo (2.014m) but it's also known as Revolcadores in many books and maps. The real summit of Revolcadores (1,999m) is the South summit of the peak but I use the name Revolcadores because the people will not find the peak in SP with another name.

I'm sorry but my pictures aren't good because we had a snowfall with a lot of fog but for the moment you have the information about peak and another people can add more images.

Getting There

Signal to Revolcadores

The normal route goes from Puerto Alto, a small col that you can reach across a forest track from the village of Cañada de la Cruz, in the road between Murcia and Puebla de Don Fadrique.


see bigger map

Red Tape

Puerto AltoPuerto Alto

The forest track is in good conditions to normal cars except in winter after a recent snowfall (it's not frequent).

Camping

I don't know if it's possible free camping but this area is very isolated and even it's difficult to find Campings.

You can find a few of cheap hotels in Murcia, Caravaca de la Cruz or Puebla de Don Fadrique. Murcia is at 1h by car and it's a main city with a few of places of interest (Cathedral, old town,...) and after climbing is a nice city to stay.

External Links

mendikat.net (Spanish)



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Spain's HighpointsMountains & Rocks