Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 32.69631°N / 116.9362°W
Additional Information County: San Diego
Activities Activities: Hiking
Additional Information Elevation: 2500 ft / 762 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Located in Chula Vista, CA, this is a hike close to San Diego. It's scenery is typical for the area and there are radio towers on the top. I do this hike mostly to save gas and Cowles Mtn. is too crowded. This is also a better workout than Cowels Mtn. On a clear day views well into Mexico are abundant. It is a good hike for someone who wants to drive as little as possible and to gain elevation quickly. Round trip mileage is approx. 7 mi (out and back)with 2000 ft of gain. A good portion of the trail is kinda flat so when you do start hiking uphill, you will know it for sure.

Getting There

Take the 805 or 125 to H street and go East. Go left on Duncan Ranch Rd.(after Hunte Pkwy) and park. The start is just east of the turn, maybe 500 ft. Either hop the wooden break in the fence or go down a little further and walk across the tall grass and up towards the wooden structure I mentioned. The trail is obvious from this point.

Red Tape

I'm not sure who owns this land, probably the city, but no one has ever bothered me for hiking this. There are powerline towers that cross the area. The only things that get angry with my presence are the RATTLESNAKES.

Camping

None

External Links

Meetup.com groups use this hike too.