Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 40.71406°N / 111.72427°W
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 8306 ft / 2532 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Church Fork Peak is a minor peak along the ridge extending east from Grandeur Peak on the north side of Mill Creek Canyon. Though below treeline, the bare summit affords excellent views of the peaks lining the ridge east from Mount Olympus. One can also gaze upon the distant Great Salt Lake and Antelope Island to the west.

Getting There

Travel up Millcreek Canyon Road, which starts at 3760 South just off of Wasatch Boulevard.

Church Fork TH - 2.4 miles past the pay booth on the north side.
Burch Hollow TH - 3.6 miles past the pay booth on the north side, a few hundred yards past the Log Haven.

In the winter, the road is closed at the Maple Cove Picnic Ground about 5 miles up the canyon.

Route

Church Fork Trail:
          Elevation Gain = 2625 feet

Burch Hollow Trail:
         Length = 3.1 miles one-way; Elevation Gain = 2300 feet

Red Tape

Mill Creek Canyon Road requires a $3 fee for passenger vehicles leaving the canyon. This is not covered by the National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass.

When to Climb

Year-round. Check avalanche forecasts prior to attempting in the winter. Bring plenty of water in the summer.

Camping

Camping is allowed but at least 200 feet away from any trail and 0.25 miles away from any lake.

External Links

Utah Avalanche Center
NOAA

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.