Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 33.25786°N / 116.4489°W
Additional Information County: San Diego
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 4401 ft / 1341 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Sirens Peak is a remote peak in the Anza-Borrego Desert State Park in San Diego County, CA. It is #43 on the Sierra Club San Diego Peaks list. There are numerous peaks and benchmarks in the immediate area and it is often climbed as part of a loop hike. 

Getting There

Take Highway 79 and turn east on to San Felipe Road (S2). In about 4.5 miles, turn left on Montezuma Valley Road (S22) toward Borrego Springs. As soon as Montezuma Valley Road drops out of the mountains, turn left into a dirt parking lot. This is the main trailhead.

As an alternative starting point, continue on Montezuma Valley Road a few miles, then left on Palm Canyon Drive to park at the Anza-Borrego State Park HQ. The parking lot at the Visitor's Center closes after dark. 

Route

There are no trails to Sirens Peak. From the trailhead, the shortest route is to head cross country over the desert to the ridge line that leads to the Ode Benchmark. Continue up the ridge over the Kay Benchmark, then head directly to Sirens or take a gully to the right then contour back to the summit. Expect class 2 and class 3 bouldering as you get closer to the summit. Sirens can also be approached from two other ridge lines.

Red Tape

No parking pass or fees are required at the main trailhead. If you park at the Visitor's Center, be aware that the parking lot closes after dark.

When to Climb

Because of desert heat, Fall, Winter, and early Spring are the best times to climb.

Camping

A campground is available in nearby Borrego Springs, CA. Please contact park rangers for information on camping in undeveloped areas.

External Links

Anza-Borrego State Park



Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
IronHiker

IronHiker - Dec 1, 2015 12:09 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Coordinates

Fixed!

Viewing: 1-1 of 1