"Wolf Pass Peak" (Pt. 11440+)

"Wolf Pass Peak" (Pt. 11440+)

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 39.82760°N / 111.75575°W
Additional Information County: Utah
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Elevation: 11440 ft / 3487 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

While lacking the 300 feet necessary to count as a peak, this little bugger is an extremely steep slog on the way to Mount Nebo, hides an extremely pleasant ridge walk/scramble immediately to the south, and is quite rugged when viewed from said ridge. Views from the "summit" are nice; Mount Nebo is just a fantastic hike overall, and the "Wolf Pass Peak" portion is no exception. 
As to the history of the "Wolf Pass Peak," the unofficial name stems from the officially-named saddle to the NE connecting the main Nebo peaks with North Peak, which, of course, is Wolf Pass. I don't know where the pass gets its name. I would assume the first ascent of the peak dates back to whenever Nebo was first summitted from the north. 

Getting There

Please refer to the Mount Nebo page for directions to the trailhead.

Route

Please refer to the North Route page for route info. Just follow the route for Mount Nebo and you'll head right up and over this one.

Red Tape

None to speak of, although it is in the Mount Nebo Wilderness Area. Please be considerate of others, Leave No Trace and all that. 

When to Climb

The ideal seasons for this one would be late summer or early fall, when there's no snow and the crowds and heat have gone down, though theoretically this could be hiked just about year-round.

Camping

As it is along the Nebo Loop, there are plenty of campgrounds to be found in the vicinity.

Improvements?

Please leave me something in either the Comments or Additions & Corrections section about how I can improve this page.

Images

Please feel free to add any images of this peak.



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.