Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 44.58000°N / 123.301°W
Additional Information County: Corvallis
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 480 ft / 146 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Flowery field
Flowery field

This little known summit on the north end of Corvallis, Oregon has a nice nature park. This truly is one of the lighter summits in the region and it only requires about an hour to complete. The views are pretty much gone from this hill except for a minor outlook from a field. The true summit is actually in a forested area and though it is legal to get to, there are houses fifty yards to the north. This is a nice way to spend an hour in spring or fall and enjoy the vegetation. 
Both of us on the summit
Both of us on the summit
 

Getting There

From Downtown Corvallis: Take Highway 20 for 1.8 miles and turn right onto 35th street. Head north on 35th street for 1.2 miles and make a left on Harrison Blvd. Once on Harrison Blvd make an immediate right onto NW 36th Street. Make another left onto Circle Road and take that to an obvious trailhead on your right. 

Route

Generic Map of the Route
Generic Map of the Route

There is a basic trail from the parking are that goes roughly a mile roundtrip and 200 of elevation gain.

Red Tape

The park is open from dusk to dawn and there is no overnight parking.

When to Climb

BearQueen in the field
BearQueen in the field

This hill can be climbed any time of the year. We did it in spring and there were nice flowers once you got into the upper fields.
Beautiful flowers
Beautiful flowers

Camping

Camping is prohibited on Witham Hill.

External Links

Witham Hill Peakbagger Page

Witham Hill Alltrails Page