Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 45.44536°N / 122.50863°W
Additional Information County: Clackamas
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 940 ft / 287 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Another round of showers pass us by
Another round of showers pass us by

This is a nice park located on the southeastern side of the Portland Metro Area. Is formally used to serve the local Scout troops in the region but now it has become an official Nature Park in the region. On a sunny day views here are very nice. Unfortunately EastKing and I were not able to get any great views from this peak due to persistent showers. This peak is basically a drive up but there is the trail options as well.
The field on the eastern side
The field on the eastern side

Getting There

From I-205 in Clackamas: Get off on Exit 14 and head east on Sunnyside Road for and head up for 2.8 miles. Make a left onto 152nd Street this will curve around and then turn into 147th Street. There will be an obvious sign on the right. Turn there and take either to the stop at lower trailhead or drive up to the upper parking and walk 500 horizontal feet to the summit. 

Route

Park Map
Park Map

This is basically a drive up. However there is a good two mile loop trail one can take from the lower parking area. The Shelter Trail on the upper part of the mountain is a paved walking trail that only goes .3 miles roundtrip and minimal elevation gain. 

Red Tape

The park is open from dawn to dusk 365 days a year. There is no overnight camping. 

When to Climb

Flowers by the parking lot
Flowers by the parking lot

This park can be visited almost any time of the year. It did close briefly after a major winter hit it in 2017.
A Happy BearQueen
A Happy BearQueen

Accommodations

There are plenty of accommodations throughout the city of Portland.

External Links





Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.