Viewing: 1-11 of 11
Saintgrizzly

Saintgrizzly - Nov 10, 2007 3:30 pm - Voted 10/10

No way I'm waiting on this one....

I get first vote!!!! GLAD TO SEE THIS, AARON!!!!

hgrapid

hgrapid - Nov 10, 2007 8:39 pm - Voted 10/10

Add this to the Area/Range

Good work as always, but shouldn't you add this as a child to the Glacier National Park page?

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Nov 11, 2007 12:00 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Add this to the Area/Range

I knew I forgot something! Thanks!

distressbark

distressbark - Jan 3, 2009 10:14 am - Voted 10/10

snow moon lake/falling leaf lake basin approach

from the pics, it looks like the Great Break route is accessed via this wonderful basin. a lot of bushwhacking is described in the route, but i believe much of this can be avoided. at the south end of the Many Glacier Hotel parking lot, there is a big brown horse/pedestrian bridge. at the south end of the bridge, there's a well-worn foot path that leads directly towards a large ridge on an unnamed buttress that blocks out any view of Allen Mountain. take that trail. it's quite easy to follow, and safely winds you through a brushy forest before emerging on the northern scree slopes of the aforementioned buttress. from there, follow one of the trails the scree, towards the only noticeable large drainage in the cliffs ahead. after some minor climbing, you'll find another well-worn path leading towards the east (maybe slightly southeast). you can take this trail all the way to Falling Leaf Lake, where you get a fantastic glimpse of Allen Mountain's steep north face. skirt the lake's eastern shore, then gain the ridge that will take you up to Allen. hope this helps!

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Jan 3, 2009 2:30 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: snow moon lake/falling leaf lake basin approach

Thanks! I'll add your text to the route page!

Tomek Lodowy

Tomek Lodowy - Apr 22, 2009 7:57 am - Voted 10/10

nice page

great peak in fantastic mountains, well presented.

Tomek

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Apr 22, 2009 7:57 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: nice page

Thank you! Allen Mountain is one of my all time favorite climbs.

distressbark

distressbark - Sep 30, 2009 1:46 pm - Voted 10/10

agreed

great page for a great mountain

andrew david

andrew david - Mar 29, 2013 11:27 am - Voted 10/10

Fabulous page

This one has lots of helpful info. I will see if I can get some great summit pics in late June and add them to the page.

distressbark

distressbark - Apr 25, 2013 5:40 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Fabulous page

Would love to see some more photos to the page, good luck! And thanks for the kind words.

andrew david

andrew david - Jul 27, 2013 1:06 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Fabulous page

I did not go up unfortunately. I had time for a few dayhikes between backpack trips and I chose Siyeh over Allen, as I expected they would offer similar views and experiences. Maybe next summer I can get up there. Its still a great page.

Viewing: 1-11 of 11
Return to 'Allen Mountain' main page