Angel Wing Comments

Viewing: 1-14 of 14
wildstar

wildstar - Dec 9, 2005 10:31 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good start.

Saintgrizzly

Saintgrizzly - Dec 10, 2005 3:14 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Welcome to Summitpost--and one thing comes through quite clearly from this first page: your love of the area! Seems you found it all quite exhilarating—here's hoping it's the start of a lifelong set of GNP experiences!



This page is an excellent first SP posting, which I enjoyed. Keep up the enthusiasm! Hope to see more of GNP from you!

KristinaAL

KristinaAL - Dec 11, 2005 3:16 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the advice. I've been working on incorporating your suggestions. I have one question concerning html: is there a way that I can include a quicktime film clip in one of the sections, what is the code for it?

Saintgrizzly

Saintgrizzly - Dec 31, 2005 3:22 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

My feeling is that there is almost certainly a way, and that it's a great idea! But...I don't know how. However, you might try contacting Gangolf Haub, who is one of the Elves, is a wizard at HTML, and is very willing to give assistance. Go to the "Members" area, he'll be right near the top, and click on his name; that'll bring up his email address. Good luck!

vvujisic

vvujisic - Dec 10, 2005 6:41 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice start! Add more information!

KristinaAL

KristinaAL - Dec 11, 2005 5:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the vote.

csmcgranahan

csmcgranahan - Dec 11, 2005 10:08 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page for a really cool area. My wife and I hiked up to Grinnell Glacier in early September of this year. If I had known how easy Angel Wing was I would have summited. Oh well, the whole area is amazing!



We opted to hike from the trailhead on the paved road between the Many Glacier Hotel and the Swiftcurrent Motor Inn. Based on our experience it would appear that taking the boat option lessens the overall mileage but little of the elevation gain. The time savings is also negligible if you are a strong hiker - we think hiking the whole way actually saved us a half hour.

KristinaAL

KristinaAL - Dec 11, 2005 5:16 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Angel Wing is pretty cool. It's not too difficult but getting to it without a trail requires some comfort on snow and various kinds of rock. Based on your profile, it looks like it would be an easy climb for you. Thanks for the vote, and I hope you get a chance to see the view from Angel Wing someday.

desainme

desainme - Dec 12, 2005 8:58 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Looks like a pretty cool mountain. Good pix of flowers and wildlife too. I did not know that there were moose in the park.

KristinaAL

KristinaAL - Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the vote. Yeah, seeing a moose was pretty cool, I think it was my first time seeing one. It was completely unexpected too, we were within about 20ft of it before noticing that the moose was there.

kyledod

kyledod - Dec 18, 2005 2:39 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good page. Lots of good information and pictures. I especially like the wildlife and wildflowers sections.

Dean

Dean - Jan 21, 2006 9:36 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great page for your first one, congratulations. I always enjoy the Montana mountain pages since I'm originally from Montana but now live in Washington state. I need to get back over to my home state and visit places like Angel Wing.

FlatheadNative

FlatheadNative - Apr 29, 2009 6:19 pm - Voted 8/10

Statistics

what is the one way distance in mileage and elevation gain to Angel Wing?

It might help to add this to you page. Some people like myself have been to Grinnell Glacier a few times and would not want to spend much extra time looking at the scenery (I wrote as much, but who could not help but be mesmerised?) and others walk fast. So that data is helpful to guage estimated trip time as well.

distressbark

distressbark - Oct 21, 2009 1:09 am - Hasn't voted

stats

one way distance to Angel Wing is about 7 miles with 2,500 feet of elevation gain. i was able to make it to the top in less than 3 hours from Many Glacier Hotel.

Viewing: 1-14 of 14
Return to 'Angel Wing' main page