Ben Hope Comments

Viewing: 1-10 of 10
Nanuls

Nanuls - Aug 30, 2007 6:21 pm - Voted 10/10

Good job!

Nice to see a new Scottish Mountain, thanks for posting!

Little_Mole

Little_Mole - Aug 31, 2007 3:02 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Good job!

Thank you very much! Actually I'm working up my holidays from 1994/1995. This is also the explanation for the poor quality of the pics. But I hope to post some more Munros during the next time.

Cheers, Ulrich

Klenke

Klenke - Aug 30, 2007 11:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Suilven

I've always been intrigued by the steep-sided Suilven up that way (actually, about 30 miles to the southwest). Any chance a page will be put up for this mountain? When I finally get back to Scotland I intend to give it a go.

I have a copy of the 6th Edition of Poucher's "The Scottish Peaks" on the cover of which is a picture of Suilven above Lochinver.

Little_Mole

Little_Mole - Aug 31, 2007 3:05 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Suilven

Sorry, no chance for me :o( I hadn't made Suilven yet, and I can't afford holidays in Scotland for the next time. But the longing stays ... *sigh*

Cheers, Ulrich

Boydie

Boydie - Aug 31, 2007 10:30 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Suilven

There was a programme on the BBC around four weeks ago called "Mountain" and they climbed Suilven and Ben Hope on this. Don't know if you can get to see this in the States or not , but its well worth watching if you can. Poucher's "The Scottish Peaks" is a great little book though, don't you think?

Little_Mole

Little_Mole - Sep 1, 2007 2:56 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Suilven

I don't owe "The Scottish Peaks", but two other books by Poucher: "Scotland" and "The Highlands of Scotland". Both great books with wonderful photos. I wish I could have explored Scotland at this time!

BigLee

BigLee - Aug 31, 2007 4:32 am - Hasn't voted

Width

Nice page. I'd not make it so wide though. Anybody with a laptop (like myself) is going to have to scroll left-right to read each line. I'd stack the photos at the bottom instead of having them side-by-side.

Little_Mole

Little_Mole - Sep 1, 2007 2:59 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Width

Oops, sorry! I hadn't thought of this problem. In fact the side didn't look good in the first version with both photos side by side. Next time I promise improvement! ;-)

Cheers, Ulrich

Boydie

Boydie - Aug 31, 2007 10:36 am - Voted 10/10

Nice Page

Enjoyed reading this one. Was actually talking to a guy on the summit of Beinn Ime the other day that had just came back from there and had said it was a great day even though he got no views from the summit.

Little_Mole

Little_Mole - Sep 1, 2007 3:02 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice Page

Do you guys know how lucky you are living in such a wonderful country? I wonder if I can manage to make some more Munros during the next years, not to speak of completing all of them. Perhaps when I'm retired ...

Cheers, Ulrich

Viewing: 1-10 of 10
Return to 'Ben Hope' main page