Big Sam Comments

Viewing: 1-12 of 12
Alpinist

Alpinist - Nov 4, 2003 7:18 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page. Thanks for adding this.

Brett A - Nov 4, 2003 8:13 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the corrections and suggestions. I added a route, fixed the errors, added the weather and 1 more picture.

Brett

Brett A - Nov 5, 2003 12:21 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the vote.

Alpinist

Alpinist - Nov 10, 2003 9:03 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Brett - can you please "detach" my photo of Big Sam from the south. The photo is currently attached to the Main Page, but the it would be more useful on the Southern Slope page to show the route... (I'll have to attach it, but I can't do that until you detach it...) You'll need to edit the Main Page to do that.



Many thanks,



George

Brett A - Nov 10, 2003 10:17 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Done. Thanks for the pictures and routes.

Matthew Holliman

Matthew Holliman - Nov 10, 2003 9:07 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good page. A couple of suggestions:

(1) The weather forecast would probably be more useful to people than current conditions. I'd recommend using that instead. (As I recall, it's the second code fragment on their pages).



(2) For people who don't have Schifrin's book, or who can't be bothered to find their copy to check against this page, I'd suggest not using the SP2 nomenclature here--or at least relegating it to a parenthetical comment. Where does that trail lead?

Brett A - Nov 10, 2003 10:21 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Done. Thanks for the vote and suggestions.

Alpinist

Alpinist - Nov 11, 2003 11:42 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Brett, the timetemperature.com web site provides a 2-day forecast, versus the single day forecst that you selected. I think that's what Matthew was suggesting... The 2-day forecast info appears just below the single-day forecast on their web site. (Look at the Kennedy Peak page for an example.)

QuailBS - Jun 18, 2006 2:37 am - Voted 10/10

Cool!

Well, I didnt even know thise peak had a name or page. I climbed this peak in 2002, Ill have to log my visit. Im also planning the same backpacking route for an upcoming trip in july, so Ill be climbing it again soon.
Also, I love the weather deal on the page. Totaly helpful!

tarol

tarol - Oct 19, 2007 6:00 pm - Hasn't voted

Fee info is not correct

The America the Beautiful pass is $80 and is not needed on all federal lands. To my knowledge is is not needed at all on the Stanislaus National Forest.

Alpinist

Alpinist - Jun 24, 2008 1:59 pm - Voted 10/10

Corrections

Tarol is correct; the fee program does not currently apply to the Emigrant Wilderness Area and should be omitted so as not to confuse people.

Also, the user ID GeorgeN was changed to Alpinist a while back.

Thanks...

Brett A - Dec 14, 2008 3:18 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Corrections

Ok, I think I've addressed these issues, and sorry for the delay. Thanks Tarol and Alpinist

Viewing: 1-12 of 12
Return to 'Big Sam' main page