Blue Mountain Comments

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Klenke

Klenke - Nov 28, 2007 2:54 pm - Hasn't voted

Suggestions/addenda

An interesting addition to SP. This isn't much of a mountain but it's a good place to exercise on the bike. The views are good but not panoramic--especially from the summit.

Regarding finding the road off of Olney Pass, it is actually about four-tenths of a mile before the wide gravel pit at the pass. You should note this. You say the road is blocked off. It's really just gated. Blocked off implies it is back-bermed.

Also, calling it a "trail" is a stetch. It's just a logging road. Once it levels out, there are still some ups and downs to get to the true summit (radio facility).

The round-trip distance is more like 7 miles from Olney Pass gate to summit and back. Definitely take a bike for it. The push up the steep road is lame but the ride along the roller coaster ridge is nice as well as the ride back to the gate. I think I did it by bike in about 60 minutes.

EastKing

EastKing - Nov 30, 2007 2:17 am - Hasn't voted

Thank for suggestions

I noted many of your corrections on this page and I appreciate your feedback. I never thought about the mountain bike aspect of the road. I added that as well.

Thanks again,

EK

hgrapid

hgrapid - Mar 21, 2008 9:19 pm - Hasn't voted

Topo is off

How come you put this mountain in the Western hemisphere? Look at Nearby Mountains and Rocks, and see what I mean. You have it as in the Eastern Hemisphere.

EastKing

EastKing - Mar 30, 2008 3:48 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Topo is off

Thanks! It has been corrected. I always forget to put the negative sign in front.

gimpilator

gimpilator - Apr 24, 2009 8:01 pm - Hasn't voted

Thank You!

Thanks for making this page Greg. It helped me decide where to go today since I got off work early.

Adam

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Blue Mountain' main page