Broken Top Comments

Viewing: 1-17 of 17
Charlie

Charlie - Feb 12, 2002 4:29 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Do you have more detailed instructions for getting there?

bigwally

bigwally - Jan 9, 2003 5:59 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Good page. Good pictures and a fine route description.....but could you tell us a little more about the peak....what makes it appealing,..... maybe a little climbing history......perhaps another route description or two. The style that you write with, lets all of us know that you ahve "been-there and done-that" and therefore makes you a very reliable source....one that we are anxious for more information from. Thank you for Caring and Sharing this information !!!!

Scott

Scott - Apr 10, 2004 11:37 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Nice page, but could use a little more details.

wildstar

wildstar - Nov 9, 2004 12:33 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

It needs more details such as:

signature photo

mountain conditions

more detailed description on how to get there.



Update those and I will change my vote

Hammer

Hammer - Feb 11, 2007 10:27 pm - Hasn't voted

Great Stuff

Great addition to the page! I believe that it automatically links your route page to the parent page. Other than that do you have an idea of how you would like me to reference it. I will be happy to oblige.

Andinistaloco

Andinistaloco - Nov 4, 2007 12:39 pm - Voted 10/10

Good start

and great pictures... but I agree with the other folks in that the page needs some fleshing out, particularly in the directions section. Be glad to up the vote when I see a little more.

cascadetraveler

cascadetraveler - Jan 9, 2009 1:13 am - Voted 10/10

Lookin Good!

The page is definetly shaping up nice Caleb.

EastKing

EastKing - Sep 27, 2009 1:46 am - Voted 10/10

I like the finished product

You should PM some of the voters to update their scores. This page is great. Broken Top now is on my list.

calebEOC

calebEOC - Sep 27, 2009 10:22 am - Hasn't voted

Re: I like the finished product

Thanks EK. Broken Top is a great mountain, approach is a nice casual walk along a beautiful creek and the finish is just plain fun, you'll enjoy it for sure.

vancouver islander

vancouver islander - Sep 14, 2010 8:26 pm - Voted 10/10

Fine editing job

Nicely set up caleb. Page looking REALLY good now.

calebEOC

calebEOC - Sep 14, 2010 9:45 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Fine editing job

Thanks Martin. This page is a bullseye for critical voters for some reason. I've never really cared about the points thing, so my main reason for taking ownership of it was to highlight how cool the summit block is and get some of the amazing pictures taken of the mountain featured more prominently on the page.

vancouver islander

vancouver islander - Sep 14, 2010 10:04 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Fine editing job

Perhaps send a PM to some of the earlier voters to get them to reconsider. Leaving a page score of 72% in place might discourage some to skip over what is a super piece of work. I took over the Mt Ngauruhoe (NZ) page last year and did this. Got it up from less than 1,000 hits and about 65% t0 3,000+ and 85%. I do think the better the score the more attention a page gets.

I've got some nice catwalk shots from out trip up BT last year and will add them soon. Working on my Pueblo/WHB/Buckskin TR etc TR at the moment. I know you'll enjoy that one.

Cheers, Martin

calebEOC

calebEOC - Sep 14, 2010 10:19 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Fine editing job

Right on, I have been looking forward to your SE Oregon TR. Next time you're out in that neck of the woods let me know!

vancouver islander

vancouver islander - Sep 14, 2010 10:10 pm - Voted 10/10

Strange votes

7/10 from "RangerMark" and 8/10 from "klimbien".

What on earth would make you downvote this page?????

DarrenS - Sep 3, 2012 2:26 am - Hasn't voted

Nice climb

As my first peak in OR, impressed by this climb. Approached via Green Lakes. Trailhead starts behind campsite on the SE end of middle Green Lake and is your typically sttep climbers route. The trail is straight forward, leading to col at base of NW ridge. Excellent exposure is your travel companion all the way up to the summit block. I opted to wrap around left (east) and avoid some of the exposure, rewarded with rotten pumicey (sic?) red shite that gets the adrenaline going as you make way to summit. Great views.

Logistics: i day-hiked from my camp at Green Lake. Going solo, it took 2 hrs to reach summit and one hr to return to camp, opting for the highly appealing scree decent down the W face. During warm days I would strongly recommend an early start, keeping you on the shaded side of this exposed and strenuous affair. The summit block is definitely the technical crux and not for faint of heart. Any serious blunder there could land you 1000+ ft in the talus below. Highly recommended!

mattcookoregon

mattcookoregon - Aug 19, 2019 10:28 am - Hasn't voted

Showing the summit on video

Made a video showing the summit done with ropes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eZm0lBVqDc

calebEOC

calebEOC - Aug 19, 2019 6:45 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Showing the summit on video

Nice video Matt!

Viewing: 1-17 of 17
Return to 'Broken Top' main page