Viewing: 1-4 of 4
nartreb

nartreb - Sep 5, 2013 11:50 am - Voted 7/10

are you done?

I know it's a small mountain but surely there's a bit more to say.

Under red tape, you can link to rules for the WMNF. Under camping, you can discuss backcountry rules and state whether you know of good spots on the mountain. Under Getting There, you can mention the sizes of the parking lots and whether they get plowed in winter.

You could sprinkle your photos amid the text, for a more visually pleasing page.

ljbailey

ljbailey - Sep 5, 2013 9:36 pm - Hasn't voted

thanks

thank you for your positive criticism. I will work on it the best that I can.

chugach mtn boy

chugach mtn boy - Sep 8, 2013 2:56 pm - Voted 10/10

Great mountain

Caribou Mountain is super cool--because of the bare summit is has the feel of a much bigger mountain. And the Evans Notch road to the trailhead is gorgeous, especially in fall. I took visitors up Caribou when I lived in Portland and they would be blown away.

I'm really glad you added this mountain to SP. What I think you need to add is a little more concrete description of the trails, time required, etc, so people can truly visualize what this hike is like. A map would help, but you'll still need some text description.

I do a lot of "small mountain" pages like this one, and I know they are tremendously appreciated and used by non-SP members. Don't feel like you have to do some amazing page like the one for Denali. But people do want specifics and kind of a word picture of what this is going to be like for them.

chugach mtn boy

chugach mtn boy - Sep 9, 2013 1:11 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Good Changes

Nice additions!

Sometimes with a map like the one you've used, I'll put a caption that says "Click, then click again to enlarge", or something like that, since a lot of readers don't realize they can get to a larger image of the map.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Caribou Mountain' main page