Viewing: 1-5 of 5
darinchadwick

darinchadwick - Aug 27, 2010 3:16 am - Hasn't voted

Photo's

I like how you did the photo layout. Especially the photos from other summitpost members. I little more detail on the route description from your experience would be great, the Beckey guide is notorious for generalities.

ridgeguy

ridgeguy - Aug 27, 2010 11:16 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Photo's

I wish I could do more for the route description but I climbed it 12 years ago. With the page created, I'm hoping someone who's done it more recent will be inspired to put a route page up. At that point, I'll delete the "easiest route" paragraph.
I do remember that we did place several pieces of pro on the pitch on the SW face. The route would be class 4 except that one pitch. The route did seem straightforward so it's likely one would find the route easy enough using the directions I gave, which are basically the same vague directions Becky gives.

Fred Spicker

Fred Spicker - Aug 27, 2010 7:20 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Photo's

The easiest route is probably the NW Couloir. Moni and I climbed this in October of 1977 with about 6 inches of new snow. Beckey calls it Class 3. Having climbed Beckey Class 3 before and with the new snow, we did take a rope which came in handy for rappelling off the Class 3 overhanging chockstone. We did not rope up for the ascent, but getting around that little spot seemed harder than Class 3.

gimpilator

gimpilator - Sep 4, 2010 7:45 pm - Voted 10/10

A Great Addition

I was going to add this page to SP recently but when my climb turned into a failed attempt I gave up the idea. I see you created the page just a few days later. Nice Job!

ridgeguy

ridgeguy - Sep 5, 2010 12:13 am - Hasn't voted

Re: A Great Addition

Once you go back and make it up, feel free to take this page. I was creating a page for my personal website when I noticed it wasn't on summitpost...just had to get something on the this site for such a neat spot, but the page needs more.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Cathedral Rock' main page