Chachani Comments

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Rockhopper

Rockhopper - Apr 2, 2004 6:02 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Since I have climbed Chachani myself, I know it is difficult to find a lot of information about the mountain. Just a few lines in John Biggar's book and some comments on the internet. So I think provides useful information for people considering climbing Chachani. For this reason: 4 stars.

Haliku

Haliku - Apr 3, 2004 9:56 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the vote and comments.

JXM - Jul 29, 2004 5:50 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Looking good.



August 3rd 2004. Just adopted the page. I already think it is a fine page and I will try to maintain it as good as it has been maintained so far.

Haliku

Haliku - Jul 30, 2004 9:44 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Thanks. Since you've climbed this mountain would you be interested in maintaining/improving it? Let me know.



Cheers,

Haliku

JXM - Jul 31, 2004 5:31 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I think you are doing quite well but I don't mind adopting the page if you want to give it away. Regards, Jes

davelim

davelim - May 27, 2013 7:11 pm - Hasn't voted

SNow in May?

Hi - for those who may have been there in May, just after the wet season, what are snow conditions like on Chachani? Which month is it likely to have sparse cover not requiring the use of crampons and such gear to make the ascent?

Scott

Scott - Apr 12, 2014 6:56 pm - Hasn't voted

Needs updates

At one time, it may have been a good page, but everything concerning access has changed. The current owner is inactive and the page hasn't been updated since 2007.

A few examples of things that need to be fixed:

The getting there information is from 1999. The road to the old standard route is no longer in service and the old standard route has been mostly abandoned. The new standard route is via a new route from the south and the road is new as well.

The When to Climb section is actually pretty inaccurate. January through March are actually the wettest months and probably the least popular time to climb.

k_egg

k_egg - Aug 31, 2014 2:31 pm - Hasn't voted

Basic information on Chachani and Arequipa

I'm creating maps of Peru as I travel around. Here is a link to some of the very basic points-of-interest around Chachani. At present this is only meant to help get your bearings of where things are. All the Best.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zTSOORuvLZ5I.klUFfGK4st2Q

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Chachani' main page