Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Dow Williams

Dow Williams - May 29, 2005 7:59 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I added a book and route for you. They are looking for a little more information on these pages Duseks. This was a great hike for the wife and dog. I have incredible shots of Baker.



I do love Bellingham, WA and the campus there. My wife and I almost bought a winter place in Belliingham, but in the end opted for southern Utah and warm rock since I get my fill of Alpine here in the Canadian Rockies. You live in a great place to enjoy the mountains. Cheers!

Scott Dusek

Scott Dusek - Oct 12, 2005 12:49 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Howdy, I've significantly upgraded the Church Mountain page, thought you might like to check it out.



-Scotty

Scott Dusek

Scott Dusek - Nov 30, 2005 4:28 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Shredder,



Check out the Church Mountain page. I think I've made it worth your four stars (I've currently got your three). More pics, routes, books, info etc.



-Scotty

gimpilator

gimpilator - Jun 2, 2007 5:25 pm - Voted 10/10

Road Closed

Note: as of 5/26/07 the Forest Service webpage is reporting that the road is closed 2 miles from the trailhead due to flood damage. That changes my plans.

Redwic

Redwic - Aug 16, 2020 7:53 pm - Hasn't voted

Updates

Regarding the Northwest Forest Pass, neither the Shell Gas Station a few miles west of Maple Falls, nor the Chevron Gas Station in Maple Falls, carries those passes and have not for many years. However, the tiny "Crossroads Grocery & Video" store in Maple Falls (across from the Chevron) has sold Northwest Forest Passes (day or annual) for many years. This is still true.

Regarding the access road, Fossil Creek has washed-out the Church Mountain Road at ~2000' elevation approximately one mile from the trailhead. It is still drivable (large-clearance advised); you need to go up and over two large road bumps due to the wash-out. If uncomfortable with the wash-out, or if water is too high, there is a pullout area on the left side of the road immediately prior to it.

Regarding the climbing route from the lookout site to summit, I was surprised to find so much steep hard-pack snow on the north slopes during mid-August. Albeit only used for a short distance, I was personally happy to have brought my microspikes and Whippet pole. I was also happy to have bought a helmet for the final ascent.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Church Mountain' main page