Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Scott

Scott - Jan 14, 2005 12:30 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good page.

Dave K - May 11, 2005 10:21 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice!!!

MoapaPk

MoapaPk - May 16, 2005 6:13 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Thanks, your description was pretty accurate. The one brief class 3 section is the only class 3 on the traditional route; I wouln't call the section above it anything more than class 2 (despite comments otherwise). The DPS instructions for the road in go awry after "Turn right (keeping the mine tailings pile on your right) and go 0.6 miles to a second junction." One should go perhaps 0.7-0.75 miles (rather than 0.6) and to a better, newer gravel road. Stay away from the powerline road. The map by ScottyS is right on the money.

ScottyS

ScottyS - May 18, 2005 8:28 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Hey - great page so far. I recently was up there, and was able to find a better road. I've added a map and a couple photos, so you may want to incorporate them into the driving directions. FYI - the White Fir (Abies concolor) stand on top has many trees over 400 years old. The Piñon/Juniper on the peak is likely much older than that. Hopefully after I develop the piñon chronology that I sampled I'll remember to post the age range.

MoapaPk

MoapaPk - May 19, 2005 9:26 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Some of the pinyons/junipers were so thick and twisted, I mistook them for bristlecones at first. I'll be interested to read your numbers!

streeyyr

streeyyr - Jun 13, 2005 10:38 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

I made some changes to the driving directions. It's been over three years since I was there, so I can't remember all the details.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Clark Mountain' main page