Culebra Peak Comments

Viewing: 1-20 of 76
mrolph

mrolph - Jan 30, 2003 12:37 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice Page, unfortunate about the lack of access to the peak. Cheers,

Martin

Grant

Grant - Mar 13, 2003 1:09 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

I appreciate the vote and the time spent looking at this page

Alan Ellis

Alan Ellis - Jan 30, 2003 1:16 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

This is the first place I've seen that had the instructions on how to get in the lottery. Thanks.

Grant

Grant - Mar 13, 2003 1:09 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for spending a few minutes of your time to rate this page.



Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Jan 30, 2003 4:32 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

My commendation to the construction of this page. Outstanding! I loved reading the history and getting a better understanding of how this situation came to be. White folks were pretty sneaky and deviant, taking advantage of the simple folks back then. Shit! It continues today with the Enron scandal....



This page will save folks a lot of trouble, and it's good for SP's data base. Check spelling! Personally, (and this is a shame), the unfortunate circumstances concerning ownership surrounding this mountain makes it a huge waste of time to me. There are so many other NICE mountains out there without all the hassle. Let those who came to own an ENTIRE MOUNTAIN RANGE revel in their lonliness and solitude. It is their right as Americans. There are many other mountains that would bless you with a visit, all much nicer than Culebra.

Kane

Kane - Jan 30, 2003 5:04 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Aaron, you couldn't say it any better!

Grant

Grant - Jan 31, 2003 1:27 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Aaron, Thanks for the comment. I will keep updating the page as soon as I hear new occurrences with the owner.



You are correct it is a shame this area has so much to offer. The ranch was sold to a gentleman from Texas a few of years ago and he stopped all access to the area. Thanks to the Colorado Mountain Club's efforts they were allowed one day of access in 2001 and two days of access in 2002. I know the CMC will continue to work with the owner and maybe he will open up Red Mtn someday.

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Feb 4, 2003 4:37 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Conservative or liberal, everyone has property rights. It's one of the blessings of living in America. Whether it's your corner lot in a neighborhood or your own mountain, it's yours and you would feel invaded, or violated, if someone were to just march in and help themselves to your piece of the world. It wouldn't be right. However, the other end of the spectrum is the fact that someone came to own entire mountains, and it doesn't seem right. This is a distortion of the spirit of what it is to own a piece of the American Dream. But it IS reality, and it's the law of the land. Those that own the Culebras, through legitimate means or otherwise (reportedly a former Enron executive), are entitled to their privacy and their rights as property owners, and the law says their rights will be upheld.



But the real joy of owning such a wonderful resource is not keeping it to yourself, but sharing it with others that would appreciate it as much as you do, and perhaps help you in preserving and protecting your great big piece of heaven. Alas, this may be something they will never know. Everyone needs solitude, some more than others. For these folks, they can never have enough. The rest of us will have to live with it.



Go climb a mountain elsewhere. Make it your own, make it a part of you, your heart, your life.

Grant

Grant - Mar 13, 2003 1:10 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

I appreciate the vote and the time spent looking at this page

Dave K - Jan 31, 2003 4:55 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Very nice page!

Grant

Grant - Mar 13, 2003 1:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for spending a few minutes of your time to rate this page.

rpc

rpc - Jan 31, 2003 5:03 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great page for an "exotic" mountain (given the limited access).

Grant

Grant - Mar 13, 2003 1:10 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

I appreciate the vote and the time spent looking at this page

OBIJUANKENOBI71

OBIJUANKENOBI71 - Feb 3, 2003 8:04 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page!!

Cheers

Juan

Grant

Grant - Mar 13, 2003 1:08 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for spending a few minutes of your time to rate this page.



Grant

Grant - Mar 13, 2003 1:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for spending a few minutes of your time to rate this page.

William Marler

William Marler - Apr 8, 2003 9:20 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Excellent page. Good work. Cheers William

Henning Lege - Apr 9, 2003 12:56 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Very interesting!

Grant

Grant - Aug 20, 2003 9:15 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for your vote. It is interesting, thats why I'm honored to have such a wonderful and historic mountain. Thanks again

Andy

Andy - Apr 9, 2003 9:35 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Wow! A great page. I really appreciate your efforts in compiling the history of the area/mountain. Now I know.

Viewing: 1-20 of 76
Return to 'Culebra Peak' main page