Desert Peak Comments

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
cp0915

cp0915 - Oct 4, 2005 1:35 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Although I am very much an enthusiast of desert peaks, I think that the page needs more information. Perhaps tell why someone would want to visit this peak, and provide detailed information on how to ascend the mountain (route info, difficulties encountered, etc). I certainly don't want to discourage you on your first submission. It's a good start.



Edit: After taking Dean's words to heart, and checking out the improvements you've already made, I hafta up my vote. You are certainly putting some work into the page and the basic info appears to be there.

mrh

mrh - Oct 4, 2005 6:10 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Looks like an interesting place. Page has lots of potential, but some clarification as suggested by the others would be a nice improvement. Hope to spend some time in this part of Utah someday. Thanks for the submission.

Edit: Everytime I come back to this page it gets better.

Scott

Scott - Oct 7, 2005 12:17 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Page is looking better. Just add a route page.



Before moving ot CO, I had hoped to visit the peak, but never made it.

2skinners - Oct 7, 2005 2:55 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page!!

Corax

Corax - Oct 8, 2005 6:05 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Interesting page.

byates

byates - Nov 10, 2008 4:45 pm - Hasn't voted

Not Wilderness

The Newfoundland Mountains are not designated wilderness area, They are part of the Utah Wilderness Coalition's proposed wilderness bill, I checked the boundaries in 1996 and 97 could not find the Kelton Pass road on the southern end. The railroad has been known to lock the gates at the Lakeside end of the road. Though on both of my trips that way we managed to get through.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Desert Peak' main page