Dewey Peak Comments

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
mtwashingtonmonroe

mtwashingtonmonroe - Jul 16, 2005 7:20 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page!

-Britt

Rob A

Rob A - Jul 16, 2005 10:52 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good page. Lots of info. You might want to split up the overview info into a route page. Other than that good start.

Later, Rob

EastKing

EastKing - Jul 17, 2005 3:39 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page!

desainme

desainme - Jul 17, 2005 8:16 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Cool mountain near a cool pond. Good page.

Dean

Dean - Jul 20, 2005 11:14 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

One of my first hikes in the Cascades was to Dewey Lakes. Nice to know more about the peak.

jhmccafferty - Jul 20, 2005 1:57 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great overview with a few minor details that could be updated. I know because I was on the trip with you. Specifically, I suggest you head on a SSW bearing from the south end of the small late looking for a climbers path and then head on a bearing of 180 T until you gain the saddle between Dewey Peak and Seymour Peak. Another detail to mention would be when gaining dewey Peak towards the summit block, do not traverese too far east or left as you leave the Dewey/Seymour saddle because you will be caught up in a rock buttress requiring you to down climb to go around. As for the rapple, it's more like an 80 ft rapple and the anchor with the 3 slings may not always be solid. You may need to sling some horns in the summit recognizing the fatal climb last week wherein they used a refrigerator size rock for an anchor. Thus, having some triple slings for anchoring to the horns on the summit would be a good option to have on the climb. We cannot always count on that large rock to be a solid anchor.

Jeffrey Zickert

Jeffrey Zickert - Jul 21, 2005 9:34 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks John, I added your suggestions. If you think of anything else left me know and I will add it.

Klenke

Klenke - Aug 3, 2005 1:59 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Somehow this page got attached to Montana's Absaroka Range. Please remove it from that group.



Also, Dewey Lake is misspelled in the first sentence of the Overview.

Jeffrey Zickert

Jeffrey Zickert - Sep 4, 2005 7:49 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Its been removed :) sorry it took so long.

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Return to 'Dewey Peak' main page