Dog Mountain Comments

Viewing: 1-20 of 22
12
Johan Heersink

Johan Heersink - Feb 2, 2004 3:07 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page, Brian.

desainme

desainme - Feb 2, 2004 6:10 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Cool dome type mountain in the Columbia River Gorge at mile up160 from the Pacific.

Should be in the Columbia Gorge Mtns.

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Feb 2, 2004 3:10 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks, I just added it to that category.

Bob Bolton

Bob Bolton - Feb 2, 2004 10:19 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Another nice page Brian. I've been wondering when you'd get to this one - figured it was only a matter of time. -Bob

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Feb 2, 2004 3:09 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks, Bob. I wasn't ever going to submit this one as it's not a very big one but I just kept thinking of all of this stuff I could say about it. Then I saw the coyote yesterday and thought about a wildlife section and I knew I had to do it. Thanks for your vote and comments.

rpc

rpc - Feb 2, 2004 11:15 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Finally :)



Been hoping someone would add that page. Nice job with the page on a peak that is a Gorge Classic.



Brian, think there's a side-bar category called "Columbia Gorge Peaks". You should add this one there.

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Feb 2, 2004 3:05 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks! Both you and desainme mentioned that Columbia Gorge peaks category. Didn't know it existed. Will do that now.

Diggler

Diggler - Feb 2, 2004 3:02 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page, Brian. Lots of detail.

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Feb 2, 2004 3:07 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks, I wasn't going to ever submit this one as it's so small but yesterday I kept thinking of stuff about it for a mountain page so I just did it. Appreciate your vote and comments.

Steven Cross

Steven Cross - Feb 2, 2004 10:24 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I think the only thing missing is the time to get out there and how far from Portland. Other then that-really good page!!!

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Feb 3, 2004 2:57 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Good point. I'll add that into the page. Thanks for the vote.

Dean

Dean - Feb 3, 2004 7:19 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Cool one Brian. Now I've got another 'conditioner' I can do in the gorge. So, Defiance and Dog, the 2 D's will help me get in shape for this coming summer. Thanks for all the work in adding this one.

Klenke

Klenke - Feb 3, 2004 3:03 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page and pics. There's a Dog Mountain that I've been up due east of Seattle in the Cascades Front Range. At first blush, I thought you were making a page for that obscure peak, but the elevation of 2,948 ft quickly altered my wonderment.



On your map link, do you mean to say "not" and not "now?" I don't see the Auspurger Mountain Trail.

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Feb 3, 2004 8:43 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the vote. You are right on that map. Thanks for the correction. That makes a huge difference in the meaning, eh? I'll correct that.

Dragger

Dragger - Oct 27, 2004 1:11 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Wonderful page and recommndation for a Gorge day hike. We hiked it on Saturday, Oct. 23, 2004 and though we met several people, the crowds were no where to be found. A couple of minor suggestions: perhaps it would be helpful to add the "scenic route", the original route, and the Auspurger routes under the "ROUTES" section? I suppose I could do it but I am not a local at all -- I'm sure others know it better. Also, it might be helpful if you mentioned that there's a ticket vending kiosk at the trailhead -- it was confusing for an out-of-towner. Overall, thanks for the great page!

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Oct 27, 2004 2:20 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Glad you enjoyed the Gorge. Thanks for the vote. I'll add the info to make it less confusing about the ability to get the NW Forest pass as the trailhead. I typically do add separate routes to the route section. I decided not to on this page because it's more of a hike than a real mountain and comments have been made about adding routes separately to try to get points and because those two routes are just really variations of each other. I thought I would go with a simpler option and just run through them all on the main page this time. I'll contemplate that further.



Thanks for the vote and the comments. Always good to get thoughtful suggestions to help out the page. Were you able to get any other hikes/climbs in while you were up here?

Dragger

Dragger - Oct 27, 2004 2:17 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Hey Brian,



Yeah, I'm sure for locals the NW Forest Pass is a no-brainer but it was confusing to us. Actually, we ended up hiking Chinidere Mountain on Sunday and I wrote its owner a similar message. The Dog Mtn. fee kiosk was fine but we thought there would be one for Chinidere as well -- especially because there's a campsite there -- and were surprised to not find one there. We had to leave a pity note on the dashboard in case a ranger came around.



About the routes, the main reason I like seeing the route descriptions is for the time estimates. Of course Dog Mtn is not a technical peak but fun nonetheless. (Then again, I never gave much of a thought to points and routes and peaks -- if something seems useful, I usually just post it. If people get terribly upset about it they probably just don't have a life! :^) Oh well.)



Yeah, we'd wanted to do Defiance and some other hikes near Hood but my friends are more "boardheads" than climbers (windsurfing & snowboarding) and they wimped out on me. That's ok I guess -- last summer they put me through the meat grinder trying to teach me to water start. Until next time...



Anyway, thanks again!

wildstar

wildstar - Nov 15, 2004 12:11 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Thanks for you work.

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Nov 15, 2004 8:34 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks, appreciate the vote.

hgrapid

hgrapid - Jan 11, 2005 11:11 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page.

Viewing: 1-20 of 22
12
Return to 'Dog Mountain' main page