Dolores Peak Comments

Viewing: 1-11 of 11
hgrapid

hgrapid - Jan 6, 2005 1:19 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

A complete page. Job well done!

Please add this to the "San Juan Mountain (CO)" Group!

RyanS

RyanS - Jan 6, 2005 2:30 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page. One correction, though. Middle Peak is the highest point in that section of the San Miguels according to Gerry Roach.

streeyyr

streeyyr - Jan 6, 2005 3:13 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

The topo map says Dolores is 13,290' and Middle Peak is 13,261'. I don't know why he would say that Middle Peak is higher, unless the topo map is wrong.

RyanS

RyanS - Jan 6, 2005 5:46 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Check the TopoZone link for the true location of Middle Peak's summit. For whatever reason, the USGS didn't survey Middle Peak's highest point, which interpolates to an elevation of 13,300'. The two are very close in elevation, however, and it would take a hand-level to make this determination for certain.



I'll have to dig up my San Juans book, but there's an interesting side-note about the history of the names of Middle and Dolores, and if I'm remebering rightly, it lends credence to the idea that Middle is the taller. I'll post it later!

streeyyr

streeyyr - Jan 23, 2005 9:05 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

You're right. The true highpoint on Middle Peak is very close to Delores. I didn't even even see that on the topo map until now.

mtwashingtonmonroe

mtwashingtonmonroe - Jan 6, 2005 3:35 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Very cool peak! Nice job and have a good one!

-Britt

Jonodo

Jonodo - Jan 6, 2005 4:56 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice job. This looks like a great peak.

Scott

Scott - Jan 6, 2005 6:00 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Good page. I have viewed Dolores Peak from Lone Cone on two cimbs and the Wilsons on two climbs, but haven't been to this one. Its looks pretty interesting.



Oh, yes, and add this to the San Juans group. When you go to edit page, there is a "mountains group" section that you can add peaks to groups.



Here's a shot of the peak from Lone Cone:



Dolores from Lone Cone in case you wanted to see it.

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Jan 6, 2005 11:17 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Well done. Thanks for adding this one!

brenta

brenta - Feb 15, 2005 2:04 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice, well-written and complete page. Thanks for posting!

Steven Cross

Steven Cross - Apr 23, 2005 6:19 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice to see this mountain is on SP! My dad is looking in to hiking it and was asking me if I could find any info on it. Glad to see that it's here.

Viewing: 1-11 of 11
Return to 'Dolores Peak' main page