Viewing: 1-13 of 13
Bob Burd

Bob Burd - Nov 3, 2005 1:48 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Bastard!



:-)

Matthew Holliman

Matthew Holliman - Nov 3, 2005 1:50 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

This one's particularly convenient as Mt. Stewart shares so much in common with it. That page won't look like Recess Peak either. :-)

Bob Burd

Bob Burd - Nov 3, 2005 10:23 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

But doesn't that make you feel dirty?

Matthew Holliman

Matthew Holliman - Nov 3, 2005 2:33 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Well, it might if they weren't better peaks than Recess...



BTW, I was just looking through my old summit logs, and noticed that you can buy another day or two... seems you forgot to sign the logs for Cornell Peak and Seven Gables. :-)



P.S. do you remember the details of the traverse from Balcony to Disappointment? I was thinking of adding Disappointment (after Graveyard, Prater, and Hale, of course), but I seem to recall there being a bunch of ways to go across that face. Do you remember anything more specific/useful? I'm hoping I can talk you into adding the route page, a la Tenaya Peak...

Bob Burd

Bob Burd - Nov 3, 2005 7:14 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Certainly. Anytime you add a mountain page for one I've climbed, I'm always happy to make you a route page.

btw, I was only using Recess as an example. You could do Mt. Stanford or others as well. :-)

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Nov 3, 2005 1:47 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

You've been pretty busy lately! All interesting pages.

mrh

mrh - Nov 3, 2005 4:33 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Very nice.

Dave Daly

Dave Daly - Jan 11, 2006 5:01 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

What Bob said! You beat me to this one Matthew ; )



No, if you can only beat on writing up Hamilton Dome....

Matthew Holliman

Matthew Holliman - Jan 12, 2006 2:25 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks Dave.



Man, I'd love to climb Hamilton Dome... it's a beautiful piece of rock in a spectacular setting. A project pretty high on my wish list is to go back in there for a few days to climb a couple of the moderate technical routes on Stewart and Eagle Scout, and maybe add Hamilton's north arete into the agenda as well. I can't say enough good things about that area.

Dave Daly

Dave Daly - Jan 23, 2006 6:38 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Sounds like a Bob, Matthew, Dave project for this summer. Your thoughts? : )

Matthew Holliman

Matthew Holliman - Jan 23, 2006 7:44 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Yeah, count me in! We might have to try and work on convincing Bob, though. He doesn't seem so keen on backpacking nowadays. :-)

Dave Daly

Dave Daly - Jan 31, 2006 1:38 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Matthew -



Maybe we can convince him that we're going light and at the last minute, hand over a loaded pack to him....HA!

SpiderSavage

SpiderSavage - Aug 14, 2011 12:17 pm - Hasn't voted

Camping

Best places to camp for ascent by SE bowl standard route: At the base of the SE bowl drainage is a large boulder with a flat bare space around it. Approx 800 ft south of trail below the small forest. It's against the rules to camp on vegitation in the vast meadows. Camps can also be found at Kaweah Gap, lower Nine Lakes, at the first big pine tree 1/4 mile below the gap, one tent spot to the right of the old trail above the little forest and any other spot that follows the rules. There are at least 4 good tent spots between the southern saddle and the summit if you wanted to slog your camping gear to a high point just below the summit.

Viewing: 1-13 of 13
Return to 'Eagle Scout Peak' main page