El Capitan Comments

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
hgrapid

hgrapid - Feb 15, 2006 6:03 pm - Voted 9/10

Nice start

Check your spelling when you get a chance. Also, what is the difference between the Bitteroot Mountains and the Bitteroot Range?

benjohnson

benjohnson - Feb 15, 2006 8:01 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice start

Thanks. Spelling errors fixed. See http://www.summitpost.org/object_discussion.php?type=vote_comments&object_id=170887
I've lived in the Bitterroot Valley most of my life, so the mountians in and around the valley are known as the Bitterroot Mountians. Apparently there is a distinction, that I was unaware of until recently.

EastKing

EastKing - Feb 15, 2006 7:46 pm - Voted 9/10

Great start!

Under the old system I would have given you four stars for the page. Right now I am trying to bring many of my older pages up to SP2 standards.

A couple of suggestions about the page would add some links to this page as well as some contacts. A link to weather (www.weatherunderground.com) would help the page. Another thing I would do is section a seperate section for the route page. Still this a great page overall and I look forward to see many more Montana mountains.

Saintgrizzly

Saintgrizzly - Feb 16, 2006 6:11 am - Voted 8/10

Good to have...

...this mountain on SP. BUT, and of course this is just my opinion, I don't think five or six images is enough. I know others may add to the page over time, but don't you have more from when you did it? Also, I think a bit more information, especially in the "Overview" section, would be good. Be glad to up my vote if you find more pics.... (The additional photos help! Vote raised 10/9/06.)

benjohnson

benjohnson - Feb 16, 2006 7:50 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good to have...

More pics coming. Thanks for the advice. I never planned on making a page here when I climbed the peak, so that is why I didn't take countless pictures of the peak. Only as many as I wanted. I will keep pictures in mind next time I climb a peak w/ the intention of posting it.

benjohnson

benjohnson - Feb 16, 2006 7:48 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Gettin there...

thanks for pics

stinkydog

stinkydog - Feb 17, 2006 6:50 pm - Voted 8/10

SE ridge

I think in your route description, you meant the "SE" ridge rather than "SW"?

benjohnson

benjohnson - Feb 17, 2006 8:01 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: SE ridge

Oops. Nice catch. I guess I was thinking direction from base of climb.

mrh

mrh - Mar 1, 2006 10:03 pm - Voted 7/10

Decent page

I'm glad to see people finally getting some of these spectacular mountains up. I think its a good page overall, but most of the sections could use some beefing up. Let me know when you provide more details and I'll up the vote.

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Return to 'El Capitan' main page