Emory Peak Comments

Viewing: 1-18 of 18
Rahel Maria Liu

Rahel Maria Liu - Jan 23, 2002 10:54 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Hi Morgan,



great page! But could you still add a routes-overview and book titles?



Regards, Rahel



2. Feb.: I just looked after your page. Unfortunately, you have not finished the update totally. I was so much looking forward to seeing it ;o).I changed my vote from 4 to 3 stars .... Please contact me if you have finished all updates. Then I will give you the 4 stars again ... ;o)



3. Febr.: Morgan, you are an excellent scholar ;o) ... you pushed me to become a teacher although I never wanted to be that ... ;o)... now, you have your 4 stars back ;o).

mpbro

mpbro - Feb 2, 2002 6:04 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Rahel,



Routes overview: there is only one route up this peak, and that's on the trail. A climb of the west face would almost certainly be a first ascent. You have to understand that this place is in the middle of nowhere.



I added a few books at random and updated the "getting there" section.



-Morgan

mpbro

mpbro - May 13, 2002 9:14 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I'm sure you'll do a great job with the page, Alan..



-Morgan






Yak,



Thanks for adopting this page. The information here is only a skeleton, with little first-hand info. But since you've already climbed Emory Peak, adding this info should not be a problem for you. I had the following updates in mind:



1) Geology of the area (quite interesting)

2) Alternate approaches (I did it only from the north)

3) Technical routes on the west face???

4) Add Trip reports and other first-hand accounts to the "trip reports" section.



When you've finished making some updates, please leave a reply here, and I will upgrade my vote to four stars.



-Morgan

Alan Ellis

Alan Ellis - Sep 23, 2003 7:01 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Morgan, we may need to find a new maintainer. This guy appears to be gone. This looks like all your work.



Alan

mpbro

mpbro - Sep 23, 2003 12:12 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Alan, I transferred ownership back to myself, but I'm ready and willing to part with the page. Would you like it???

Alan Ellis

Alan Ellis - Sep 23, 2003 1:00 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

How did you transfer it back to yourself? Fascinating!

Anyway.....Yes, I'll take it. Jackie and I are going to Big Bend in January over the MLK holiday. We are going to climb Emory, and also planning to climb Casa Grande and Vernon Bailey peak. I have watched Emory for a while and it appeared to be neglected. I went to BBNP a couple of years ago and did the rim trail, but didn't have time to do Emory. I would be happy to adopt it. If something happens and we don't go in January, I will offer it to David Snell (dsnell). My id is 1425. Thanks!

mpbro

mpbro - Sep 23, 2003 6:44 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Hi Alan,



You're now the proud owner! I recall a pretty fun hike. At the time, I lived in Houston and had little mountain experience, so all that topography and scrambling was pretty fun.



Cheers,

Morgan

Alan Ellis

Alan Ellis - Sep 23, 2003 9:23 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Thanks, Morgan! I am going to add a few things for now, but will give the page a COMPLETE overhall in January after I get back from BBNP and Emory. I will then be able to the information you requested in your May 13 vote. We plan to be there 3 days over MLK holiday.



Alan

gordonye

gordonye - May 21, 2002 11:20 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Will ungrade my vote pending improvements by the adopter.



9/24/2003: Upgraded my vote. Good page!

mpbro

mpbro - Sep 23, 2003 12:14 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Hi cruzit,



I've transferred ownership of the page back to myself. If you have any suggestions, I will incorporate them. Better still, find a motivated page maintainer and they can have it!



-Morgan

Alan Ellis

Alan Ellis - Sep 24, 2003 5:39 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the vote.



Books: The SP program does it for you after you add books to your page using the "Books" link on the left. You need the ISBN number to add books.

Andy

Andy - Sep 29, 2003 3:31 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page. I didn't know such impressive vistas existed in Texas.

Alan Ellis

Alan Ellis - Sep 29, 2003 4:57 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the vote. Yes....but you have to drive a long way to get the views (It's a big state).

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Nov 17, 2003 9:11 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nicely done as usual!

Alan Ellis

Alan Ellis - Jan 18, 2004 10:59 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Dean: Thanks for the vote!



Alan

Alan Ellis

Alan Ellis - Feb 26, 2004 10:35 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the vote!



Alan

Alan Ellis

Alan Ellis - Dec 8, 2005 8:11 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

David, thanks for the vote. I checked out some of your pages. Good stuff!!



Alan

Bubba Suess

Bubba Suess - Dec 6, 2012 1:59 pm - Voted 10/10

Broken Image

The signature shot is broken. I reckon this happened when Truchas/ATTM left the site.

Viewing: 1-18 of 18
Return to 'Emory Peak' main page