Fort Mountain Comments

Viewing: 1-10 of 10
BobSmith

BobSmith - Feb 10, 2007 9:48 pm - Voted 10/10

Memories.

Looking forward to this one. My old stomping grounds.

Aeldrin

Aeldrin - Feb 10, 2007 10:05 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Memories.

::laughs::

Is there any place in Georgia that you haven't been on? I'm fairly convinced that I'll never climb a peak that you haven't been on first. :-)

In all seriousness, I'm glad you're looking forward to this page being completed. I only hope it lives up to your expectations!

BobSmith

BobSmith - Feb 11, 2007 2:27 am - Voted 10/10

Born.

I was born and raised in Georgia. Born on the coast in Brunswick and lived, at various times, in Brunswick, Decatur, St. Marys, Macon, Ellijay, Atlanta. Pretty much covered the entire state in long drives and hikes with my dad.

Waiting for someone to do a post of Dowdell's Knob. If I have the time to take a hike on the Pine Mountain Trail this year, I'll do one myself. I have some grainy old photos of myself on the summit as a 12-year-old, but I need to hike it again to do a post right.

Aeldrin

Aeldrin - Apr 8, 2007 1:39 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Born.

Hello Bob. It took awhile, especially with the various issues summitpost had with the server (thanks Matt!), but Dowdell's Knob is officially up.

Let me know what you think, or if there is anything missing.

http://www.summitpost.org/mountain/rock/281890/Dowdell-s-Knob.html

Aeldrin

Aeldrin - Feb 11, 2007 2:35 am - Hasn't voted

Pine Mountain Trail

Funnily enough, that is actually on my "to-do" list for March (currently thinking about doing it the weekend of the 17th). I wanted to get up there before the leaves begin coming back.

desainme

desainme - Feb 12, 2007 12:21 am - Hasn't voted

Nice page

I have run into this more times when searching for info on Fort Mountain, Maine.

Aeldrin

Aeldrin - Feb 14, 2007 12:11 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice page

Thanks! Funnily enough, I tried some google searches for Fort Mountain to see how long it would take to get to Fort Mountain, Maine, and I gave up. :-)

mandrake

mandrake - Mar 2, 2007 4:17 am - Voted 10/10

The Wall

I prefer the even less credible theory unmentioned herein: the wall and pits were built by ancient astronauts!

Aeldrin

Aeldrin - Mar 2, 2007 5:16 am - Hasn't voted

Re: The Wall

Well, there are certain unnamed people who believe that if you look at the line of the wall, it aligns up with fortifications made by the Templars, magnetic ley lines in the Bermuda Triangle, and some small chalk drawings I made when I was four. If all of these signs are properly interpreted, it will direct you to Atlantis!

PS: Point to you! ;-)

mandrake

mandrake - Jul 11, 2007 3:35 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Atlantis

I made it! They just got wifi here...! :-)

Viewing: 1-10 of 10
Return to 'Fort Mountain' main page