Francs Peak Comments

Viewing: 1-10 of 10
hgrapid

hgrapid - Nov 10, 2004 11:06 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great job!

Saintgrizzly

Saintgrizzly - Nov 10, 2004 12:31 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Welcome to SummitPost! Francs Peak is a nice-looking mountain, and in a terrific area; do you have more pictures?

A suggestion: your bio says you're looking for climbing partners; Wyoming's a big state--it might help to list your home town, presumably by way of attracting interested climbers more likely to be in the immediate area.

Lastly, and this is just a question (I don't know for sure): you say the Absaroka's are the biggest range in the (presumably Lower 48) Rockies. I'm curious as to your source; I'd always heard either the Colorado/New Mexico San Juan, or the Montana/Idaho Bitterroot Range to be the Rockies' largest. Like I say, I don't really know, so find it an interesting topic...

mtwashingtonmonroe

mtwashingtonmonroe - Nov 10, 2004 5:09 pm - Voted 8/10

Untitled Comment

Good start! Follow their comments and it'll be grand!

-Britt

Bor

Bor - Nov 19, 2004 7:10 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

For first page is this page great!!

The Lower Marmot

The Lower Marmot - Nov 20, 2004 11:18 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Your page looks good to me. You might want to revisit the two 3-star votes and point out that you've made some revisions and ask if they feel that anything else needs to be done to it to make it a four-star page.

Alan Ellis

Alan Ellis - Nov 20, 2004 11:30 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good page.....but one suggestion: Add the Forest Service address and phone number for contact purposes. I see you added a routes overview, but are you going to add a comprehensive route via the "Add a Route?"



This may be trivial, but people usually sign the summit log. It shows that you actually climbed the mountain (of which I have no doubt). :-)

desainme

desainme - Nov 29, 2004 6:14 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good page! Always wondered about this mountain now there is info.

Eleutheros

Eleutheros - Apr 8, 2007 7:36 pm - Voted 10/10

Highest Point?

Hi! Great Page. I'm confused though, you note Francs Peak to be the highest in the Absarokas, however the pages for Mt. Cowen and Black Mountain note them to be #1 and #2 in the range respectively, despite their lower summits. Is there a range delineation that's not clear or do some of these pages have false information?

Thx,

-E

jimmyjay

jimmyjay - May 31, 2007 11:15 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Highest Point?

Fun question. Yes, Francs is the highpoint of the Absaroka Range. There is a geologic delineation where the range changes from Breccia (conglomerate) to Grano-gneissic (igneous) though it occurs as a blend and not as an obvious fault. North (or south) of this zone, the peaks have a different character. Because the change occurs near the political boundaries of the states of Wyoming and Montana, some people distinguish the Montana section as a separate range (calling it the Montana Abs or Western Beartooth), though geographically there is no clear distinction. Therefore, for these purposes, Francs is the range highpoint and Cowen is the highpoint of the Montana section of the Absaroka.

NavySeabee

NavySeabee - May 10, 2013 6:13 pm - Voted 10/10

Like the revamped page!

Nice job on the re-vamp Tim!
~ Brian

Viewing: 1-10 of 10
Return to 'Francs Peak' main page