Goosenest Comments

Viewing: 1-10 of 10
Klenke

Klenke - Jun 13, 2005 9:52 pm - Voted 8/10

Untitled Comment

Watch where you step when climbing this peak!



The Mountain Conditions section is generally used to supply weather forecast data. You could create a pinpoint forecast as in this weather page. For your case, you'd want to input the nearest city to Goosenest then click on the map that appears (center the map) in the location the corresponds to the coordinates of the peak. With this link, you can generally give snow level info and weather forecast for the mountain or pretty darn close to it.

mtwashingtonmonroe

mtwashingtonmonroe - Jun 14, 2005 9:30 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great page!

-Britt

Scott Armstrong

Scott Armstrong - Jun 14, 2005 1:07 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks Britt,

I appreciate the feedback.

Dean

Dean - Jun 14, 2005 7:33 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Thanks Scott for putting this one up. It is a prominence peak, #39 on this list of California peaks. I may have met you on Mt. Eddy last summer. Are you the one who lives near Black Butte? Just wondering.

Scott Armstrong

Scott Armstrong - Jun 15, 2005 1:16 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Hi Dean,

It wasn't me who you met on Mt.Eddy last year. On my first summit of Eddy I had the mtn. to myself and on my second there was a group of kids with a scout leader. I do believe, though, that we summited Eddy within a week of each other. I think you climbed Eddy right after your Shasta summit so your legs were feeling pretty burnt.

Anyway, glad you like the Goosenest page. There are about 5 more mountains in and around the Mt.Shasta area that I want to climb and can find very little on the internet about. So hopefully within the next few weeks I will have more pages to add.

Scott

vvujisic

vvujisic - Jun 14, 2005 7:51 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

1 meter higher that Durmitor mountain.



Nice page, nice job.

Matthew Holliman

Matthew Holliman - Nov 2, 2005 2:51 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

What an obscure peak. Cool page.

JasonH

JasonH - May 27, 2006 11:36 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great looking page for a overlooked area California.

Klenke

Klenke - Feb 24, 2009 12:24 am - Voted 8/10

Goosenest, not Goosenest Mountain

On the map it simply is called "Goosenest" not "Goosenest Mountain." You really should drop "Mountain" off the title of this page.

FarNorCal

FarNorCal - Aug 15, 2009 1:23 am - Voted 10/10

Great directions

Thanks for the great directions. Got us right to the cinder pit.

Viewing: 1-10 of 10
Return to 'Goosenest' main page