Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Dean

Dean - Aug 13, 2006 2:18 pm - Voted 10/10

One of Oregon's 100 highest

According to the Mazama list, Graham ranks #56 on their list. Some folks will go after Graham if they are chasing that list.

calebEOC

calebEOC - Aug 14, 2006 3:21 am - Hasn't voted

Re: One of Oregon's 100 highest

Does that list have a minimum prominence requirement? I dont see Slide or Canyon Mt on there.

Dean

Dean - Aug 14, 2006 5:14 am - Voted 10/10

Re: One of Oregon's 100 highest

That is a question I can't answer. I didn't see those peaks on their list so perhaps prominence does play some sort of a role. You are doing a great job of putting that section of Oregon on the SP map. You move to Sisters yet?

calebEOC

calebEOC - Aug 14, 2006 1:20 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: One of Oregon's 100 highest

I really like hiking in the Strawberry Mountains and the Grant County area, its been a fun summer for me. I am moved into Sisters, I was going to head into the cascades here this weekend but decided to head east instead with the forest fire smoking things up.

Dennis Poulin

Dennis Poulin - Jan 17, 2007 10:10 pm - Voted 10/10

Winter Access

Is this area accessible in the winter? I was going to do Graham and Slide from the end of the road at Indian Spring Butte, but winter has interfered.

calebEOC

calebEOC - Jan 18, 2007 1:12 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Winter Access

Nope, I think the closest you could get would be the road into strawberry lake on the north side of the mountains which is plowed to about the treeline which would still leave you a ways off. The whole south side of the Strawberries is snowmobile access only in the winter, of course that varies depending on the snow level in Logan Valley.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Graham Mountain' main page