Hochwanner Comments

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Nov 25, 2009 2:35 pm - Voted 10/10

Great page!

You did a wonderful, high tour! I thought that Hochwanner was more often ascended. Thanks for this superbe contribution!

Cheers!

selinunte01

selinunte01 - Nov 25, 2009 3:36 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great page!

Thank you Vid ! I think the southern route in summer and autumn is too strenuous for many people (damned scree fields) and Hochwanner in late autumn and early winter (and of course as ski tour in late winter / early spring) is a sort of insider tip :-)
And the REAL rock routes are no longer "en vogue"
Cheers, Michael

Lukas Kunze

Lukas Kunze - Nov 25, 2009 2:46 pm - Voted 10/10

Well done!!!

Expected more snow at theses heights... was on Arnspitze that day and quite shocked about the amount of snow within the Karwendel! Great job on the page as usual :)
Cheers Lukas

selinunte01

selinunte01 - Nov 25, 2009 3:31 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Well done!!!

Thanks Lukas. Hochwanner often has less snow than the surrounding peaks in november and even december. It is the extreme southern exposition and the windswept slopes which cause this phenomenon.
So we´ve been on almost neighbouring summits :-) Arnspitze is a beautiful hike, I hope you had a great time there !
Michael

Lukas Kunze

Lukas Kunze - Nov 25, 2009 4:37 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Well done!!!

yes it was a great trip. The snow filled Hasellähne was quite fun :-) Originally we intended to ascend Pleisenspitze but we arrived quite late at Scharnitz and saw too much snow on the upper slopes for such a late start. So we changed our minds...
I' ve planned to ascend Hochwanner this autumn but the heavy snow fall destroyed my plans. Maybe next autumn or winter!?! :-)

SzaniUherkovich

SzaniUherkovich - Nov 29, 2009 4:13 am - Voted 10/10

Useful Page!

Thanks for creating this page. For people not knowing enough well Wettersteingebirge this peak wouldn't be among the planned destinations, as there is no marked trail to the peak. But with your description the story seems to be quite easy. And finally this summit is among the highest ones in Germany, isn't it?
Cheers, Szani

selinunte01

selinunte01 - Nov 29, 2009 6:58 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Useful Page!

Thank you for the comment and your vote. You´re right, Hochwanner is one of the highest summits of Germany but, like many of "our highest summits", we share the summit crest with Austria :-)

SzaniUherkovich

SzaniUherkovich - Nov 29, 2009 10:31 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Useful Page!

It's possible to select 2 countries for the same mountain when you create a page. Perhaps you can indicate that this peak is also an Austrian peak. Especially as the "normal" route is from that side...

SzaniUherkovich

SzaniUherkovich - Nov 29, 2009 10:32 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Useful Page!

I mean to indicate it in the header of the page (Location)

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Return to 'Hochwanner' main page