Viewing: 1-14 of 14
Scott

Scott - Jan 23, 2005 1:43 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good page and I see your adding photos. Its about time someone added this one as it has such a dominating presence from the valley below.

Saintgrizzly

Saintgrizzly - Jan 23, 2005 2:24 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Michael--

I like the pictures you've posted; enough so I'd like to see more!

Also, a couple things: 1) Is the Beaverhead Range part of the Bitterroots--or is it completely separate, and its own range? 2) I'd also like to know a bit of the origin history of the peak's name, and 3) What is the elevation gain, and length, of the various routes you describe?

Thanks for posting this; it's a part of the state I hope to explore this coming summer--you interested? (Along with our numerous-times-postponed Mount Gould--other direction--of course!)

montanaboy

montanaboy - Jan 29, 2005 10:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Vernon,



Thanks for the help on the signature id photo. I suppose that technically, the Beaverheads are a part of the overall Bitterroot range. I guess it depends on what reference guide you use.



I wish I knew the origin of the peak's name. I have not seen any reference to it. I probably should ask a local next time I am in the area or call the Wisdom Ranger District, maybe they know.



On the elevation gain, both Trail 187 and Trail 54 should be right at about 7000'. So your elevation gain would be about 3600'. I took the Trail 187 route and it took me 3 hrs. 15 min. to summit.

montanaboy

montanaboy - Jan 29, 2005 10:39 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Vernon,



Hey, I am a little bit off. Just checked my records and it was 3 hrs. 20 min. to the summit. Also, according to my GPS the distance was 8.9 miles round trip.



I do have a few more pictures, not sure how good they are. I have a couple of real solid pictures of Homer Youngs but they are from my 35 mm.

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Jan 23, 2005 6:27 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great first page. Only the signature picture is missing. Click on one of your pictures to find out the picture ID and insert it into the according field while editing the page.

Fred Spicker

Fred Spicker - Jan 23, 2005 9:19 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

I second the comments below and also look forward to more photos and a signature photo.



Climbers Guide to Montana lists the Beaverhead Mountains separately from the Bitterroot Range, however, the base map used clearly shows them to be part of the Bitterroot Range. They must be a "sub range" within the larger more inclusive Bitterroots.

mtwashingtonmonroe

mtwashingtonmonroe - Jan 23, 2005 9:59 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Very nice page! My only suggestion is to put one of those pics next to your mountain title on top as a signature photo. Thanks for sharing and have a good one!

-Britt

hgrapid

hgrapid - Jan 23, 2005 10:18 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice job so far. You should put a signature photo up. Each photo has an ID that you can see in the web address or when you put your mouse right on a photo or thumbnail. Then you go to edit page and go to signature photo id. Type in the number and you got a photo at the top of the page. This would make the page look better.

tlogan

tlogan - Jan 23, 2005 9:10 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Needs a sig. photo but is otherwise a good page.

wildstar

wildstar - Jan 24, 2005 1:24 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good page.

Joseph Bullough

Joseph Bullough - Jan 24, 2005 3:40 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice job.

SawtoothSean

SawtoothSean - Jan 28, 2006 2:19 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page- it seems that MT still has a bunch of peaks to be added to SP.

montanaboy

montanaboy - Jan 28, 2006 8:54 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks Sean. You are right, Montana has a lot of room for expansion on SP. The Beaverheads will get some more of my attention in the summer of 06. I've been enjoying your recent Idaho additions. Have a good one. Michael

SawtoothSean

SawtoothSean - Jan 29, 2006 12:34 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

The Mission Range has caught my attention on drives to Glacier- another great area in MT

Viewing: 1-14 of 14
Return to 'Homer Youngs Peak' main page