Viewing: 1-12 of 12
tlogan

tlogan - Dec 10, 2003 5:13 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great page with some really impressive photos... congrats.

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Dec 11, 2003 5:51 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks! I must admit I made this page more because of pictures. And to complete the information about this area too.

Velebit

Velebit - Dec 11, 2003 8:14 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Another great addition Vid! Can't tell you how happy I am that you found SP. Your pages and will to share are great, photography absolutely amazing! Stane Klemenc can hide.

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Dec 11, 2003 9:22 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

He, he, thanks, you're exagerating. I'm sorry that guys like Stane and other mountaineers from Slovenia are not contributing. The main idea of this site is joint effort - until Josh has enough disk space. Later competition can occur...

Velebit

Velebit - Dec 11, 2003 2:24 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Sometimes when I write a comment and submit it I think back what the hell I just wrote. People that don't know me will probably think this guy is king of exaggeration. I don't know if it is exaggeration but I like to give a compliment where compliment is due. I'm just passionate when I see photo which thrills me. But what I wrote about Stane is true. I have his book and I have other Slovenian books and I claim that his (or their) photographs aren't better than yours. Just from the photos you already posted first class monograph could be published. Period :-)

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Dec 12, 2003 7:16 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

May be I could publish a book, but I wonder if the resolution of digital pictures would be good enough. I am planning, sometimes, when I grow big and adult, a booklet of a smaller format (resolution) with only some carefully chosen pictures and impressions going with them. Some time...



And you, Sasa, I was thinking that only material you posted on SummitPost would qualify for a great monography of Velebit. I don't think something comparable exists yet and I am sure you are the best person to do it. I tell you - it's a nice feeling when your book is published. I have a book on intelligence and some manuals on the field of psychology. Just go for it!

Velebit

Velebit - Dec 12, 2003 8:28 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

That is my plan Vid. When I finish my work of covering Velebit I'll offer it to some publishers. I hope they will see potential in it. Both monograph and a guide would be great. Yes, it must be really a great feeling to have your own book. I hope you'll go for your guide too.



Digital resolution is what bothers me also. At least you have 2.1mp which not much but light year ahead of quality I had on my old Oly c920. All the great photos I shot between 11.2000.-04.2003 on those 1.3mp is like wasted for nothing. None of that can be used and there are many great photos there. They can be used in pocket guide but not in monograph. But that was the era of changing system and price that had to be paid. Now with 5mp I think it is enough to look good in bigger book. When prices drop I'll certainly switch back to SLR but this time D SLR. Olympus E1 looks good, especially in the future when pixels double.

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Mar 29, 2004 10:51 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks Marco! Recently you've visited some of my pages. Have you been in Julian Alps already?

Bor

Bor - Sep 17, 2004 11:09 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page and very beautiful photo for addres!

Was it photo of the week?

Bor

Bor - Sep 17, 2004 12:57 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Vid I forgot wish you a nice climbing weekend! It looks nice because the weather would be nice!



What are you planing to climb tommorow?



I will try to climb on Rusica and Rigljica (in nearness of Spik)! =)



So be nice!



Chears Bor!

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Sep 17, 2004 2:50 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for your vote! I don't remember if that pic was photo of the week. Tomorrow? Still don't know.

Bor

Bor - Jul 22, 2005 7:28 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I will put up the page of Piparji in next days.



Cheers!

Viewing: 1-12 of 12
Return to 'Iof di Miezegnot / Poldnasnja spica' main page