Viewing: 1-19 of 19
Nelson

Nelson - Aug 30, 2004 10:13 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I won't wait for the end of construction, of what is clearly a 4-star page! Nice work, Jon.

JonBradford

JonBradford - Aug 31, 2004 9:04 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Nelson,

Thank you much for the vote. Hope the finished product meets your expectations. Have you been back to the Gores this summer since your juant on Peak C?

Jon

Nelson

Nelson - Sep 1, 2004 10:42 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Jon,

No I never made it back to the Gores. I was kind of hoping to get there over Labor Day - my wife is working this weekend - but I'm over here in Singapore on a business trip instead. Hopefully we will get to hike together some day.

- Nelson

Pawkala

Pawkala - Aug 30, 2004 10:25 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great Page...

JonBradford

JonBradford - Aug 31, 2004 9:07 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thank you for voting Barry. When are you going to move to Colorado so you can do a Gore Range summit as a day hike? I think you would like Keller. It was a lot more fun then I expected.

Jon

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Aug 31, 2004 2:17 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great page, Jon! I love the colours - it must be great at that time of the year!

RyanS

RyanS - Aug 31, 2004 2:27 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Another great Gore page!

JonBradford

JonBradford - Aug 31, 2004 9:05 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the vote Allen.

mtwashingtonmonroe

mtwashingtonmonroe - Aug 31, 2004 9:37 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Wonderful page already! Beautiful mountain and a job well done!

Andy

Andy - Sep 1, 2004 10:46 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice work!

William Marler

William Marler - Sep 1, 2004 3:35 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Excellent. Cheers William

Kane

Kane - Sep 7, 2004 7:34 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I completely missed this Jon, my bad. Awesome page.

JonBradford

JonBradford - Sep 7, 2004 7:42 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Kane,

Thanks for voting. You would like this mountain... it's fun. By the way I'm jealous of your Bellview success... I'v some nice photos for when you get around to doing a page on it.

P.S. Interested in Demming or West Demming on the cheap? Or Q if you want something more commiting?

Jon

Kane

Kane - Sep 8, 2004 8:36 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I went to your profile page to look up Keller and read that you had an unsucessful attempt of Belleview earlier this season due to bad weather. You and I really think alike, its weird. Belleview was a great mountain, of course. Now I could have done without the loose rock and muddy conditions but all and all the long south ridge worked out well. Dog friendly, just wear a helmet. Roach rated it a class 2+ hike from West Maroon Pass, well I think he is wrong...more like class 3.



The next gew weeks will be difficult to get out. My wife is scheduled to go to Florida with friends so I will have to stay home with the kiddos while she is away. Now if that hurricane comes Floridas way next weds through Sunday, she won't go. Then I may be able to get out. I'll keep you posted.

JonBradford

JonBradford - Sep 7, 2004 7:39 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Jim,

Thanks for the vote. I reccomend this route. You would like it.

Jon

chicagotransplant

chicagotransplant - Sep 10, 2007 8:32 pm - Voted 10/10

SW Ridge

Great page! Just one correction - I just was up on the SW Ridge via Bighorn Creek this past weekend and it goes at 3rd class with some exposure. Your map calls it out as Class 2 (the green route). When I download my pics I will add a couple to your page, but just thought I'd toss that out there in case anyone was looking at the route. You can stay below the crest to avoid the most difficult and exposed scramlbing, but there are some ribs that still involve some 3rd class even off the crest. Thanks!

DharmaBum1984

DharmaBum1984 - Apr 13, 2008 10:36 am - Voted 10/10

Great page!

Another 10/10 Gore Range page. The excellent beta got us up this in brutal winter conditions.

COEngineer - Aug 1, 2012 4:31 pm - Hasn't voted

Needs update maybe

I followed the described route and was going along fine until I came to the crux. It looks to me like there has been a recent rock slide and it did not look safe to me. Unfortunately, I did not take any pics. BTW, "bushwacking" along the alternate route is an understatement. The bushes are 10 feet high and so thick you can't see your feet - one of my feet slipped down between boulders and I spun around as I fell. I was lucky to walk away without any major sprains.

JonBradford

JonBradford - Aug 2, 2012 5:51 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Needs update maybe

Sorry to hear Keller didn't work out for you. The crux you described is that the notch beyond the false summit? If so were you on the ridge crest or lower on the south side? It has been a little while since I have been up there so I am trying to visualize where the difficulties you encountered are. Wish you had a photo :) happy climbing.
Jon

Viewing: 1-19 of 19
Return to 'Keller Mountain' main page