Krivaň Comments

Viewing: 1-16 of 16
dalton1

dalton1 - Nov 9, 2005 2:05 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Unfortunatelly yes, I think, but may be if there is no snow before the 15th...I'm not sure. It could be great in spring before the snow melts!

You might ask the slovak brothers!

Tomek Lodowy

Tomek Lodowy - Nov 9, 2005 4:38 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Hi Lolli !



These strange regulations are on Slovak side(You are allowed to hike "legally" only on trails leading to high situated mountain chalets...) ,in Polish Tatras You can hike all year round ,winter conditions matter of course ...



p.s. to Dalton

SP page about Krivan was really awaited and it's ok ,but there is a lot of to do especially in two first paragraphs of the peak description (overview and history) ,it would be a great shame if the Author forget about symbolic meaining of Krivan for Slovak nation .



Cheers



Tomek

Tomas Kristofory

Tomas Kristofory - Nov 10, 2005 5:12 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I'd like to give you more stars, but you didn't pass my expectations about Krivan page. You are quite knowledgeable about Krivan, but I am more (i study deeply Krivan history), but still I didn't dare to build the page of Krivan. I don't think there exist a man sufficiently understanding Krivan history and relationship (not only of Slovaks) to it. There was one attempt before you to build the Krivan page, but its author deleted it consequently due to its inadequacy.

You may not have slovak keyboard, but slovaks won't excuse that you wrongly wrote the slovak name. Actually it's Kriváò. Slovaks will feel hurted even more, because you are of Magyar nationality.

The ascents after the 1955 was only OFFICIALLY (by the red) in the memory of the 29th of august 1944, when the SLOVAK NATIONAL UPRISING outbroke. You should replace the wrong name Slovak National Rebellion with the actual term Slovak National Uprising. The information about history is completely insufficient. The obelisc in memory of ascent of king Fridrich August II. was destroyed not by the years, but by lightnings and by slovak patriots for whom the obelisc was the offence of the feelings and influence of Krivan to the history of slovaks. I may support you some info, but another time be more aware of facts than this time, if you publish something about the history of Krivan.



But I'm neatly surprised you as a Magyar know so much about Krivan. It's still the national peak of Slovaks. I wish you pleasant journeys here, and friendly patriots:)

Tomas Kristofory

Tomas Kristofory - Nov 10, 2005 5:23 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

The coding is strange to slovak symbols. But rather you should left slovak name as Krivan then its magyar translation Kriván. Slovaks will have horrendous feelings about it.

dalton1

dalton1 - Nov 10, 2005 5:58 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thank you for your observations! I've checked the name on a slovak map and it was Kriván, I didn't want to write a hungarian name for a slovak mountain beside it layed on hungarian territory for centuries before!



I would be glad if you'll write me some more infos about Krivan history as I've only read about it in hungarian books!



I thought it wouldn't hurt slovaks that a hungarian writes about Krivan as it no longer hurts us that "our" mountains were taken!



Once more thank you for being so honest!

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Nov 10, 2005 7:10 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Tomas, I think we should put nationalities aside here on SP - it is an international site. And certainly someone, who knows about the mountain, can submit and maintain it on SP regardless of his nationality.



As far as I can see you two could (and should) team up to make this page worthy of its subject. You could transfer it back and forth between each other or you could write up a history section yourself and dalton1 includes it, one of you can maintain the page, the other the routes - there are countless possibilities.



I have done similar projects with several of my pages and they all came up better than if only one person had maintained them.

dalton1

dalton1 - Nov 10, 2005 7:19 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thank you! I absolutelly agree with you and I'm open to these possibilities!



I'd like to make everyone sure once more that I didn't want to hurt anyone!!! Just to make the Tatras even better and better and to make another step to complete the High Tatras! I'll put up more informations as soon as possible!



Thanks!



( Mountains belong to God we only have the chance to climb them but they are not ours!)

Tomek Lodowy

Tomek Lodowy - Nov 10, 2005 4:37 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Hi Tomas !



I expected this discussion ...

Generally if we can talk about any responsobility in a project like SP ,I am sure that it's especially great when considering presenting peaks like Krivan ...



I just hope that the quality will go always first ahead of quantity ,our beatiful mountains not only Tatras simply deserve worthy presentation to the world as far as we can see that there are still many people that haven't ever heard about them .



Cheers for Everybody !



Tomek



Tomas Kristofory

Tomas Kristofory - Nov 22, 2005 8:58 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Hey Gangolf,

I know SP is not about nationality, but the Krivan history is very special case. If you read my comment carefully, you will see, that it wasn't offensive, but only release of information, that the page doesn't reflect the worth of that mountain. I study Krivan traditions from original value free social scientific point of view, and outcomes will see the light of the world soon:) So I'm in hurry with that work, but I will try to find some time to support some info to maintainers of mountains of Tatras pages.



Cheers Tomas :)

Tomas Kristofory

Tomas Kristofory - Nov 22, 2005 9:02 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Hi Dalton,

About Krivan name:

It's very strange to let Krivan name in its today form on the SP. I recommend you, to let it simply without any special slovak signs as Krivan, than in its today form. SP member Dynercia seem to have the solution with the slovak signs. See her slovak name fo Czarny Szczyt. Why not asking her for solution?



Cheers Tomas

Tomas Kristofory

Tomas Kristofory - Nov 22, 2005 9:10 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Hello Dalton1!

you seem to have very deep relationship to the God's mountains! It seems to be closely similar to my relationship to them :)

2skinners - Nov 10, 2005 8:39 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good page.

yanks

yanks - Nov 10, 2005 4:19 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

NIce page!



Viva Hungaria!

mcc

mcc - Nov 25, 2005 8:15 pm - Voted 8/10

Untitled Comment

i would expect a bit more information.





dalton1

dalton1 - Jan 29, 2006 4:10 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thank you very much!!!

dedo

dedo - May 11, 2006 7:52 pm - Voted 8/10

good overview

Good page, Dalton, you could add some info on the summer & winter routes (time needed, technical difficulty). You posted many good photos, but some are off-topic.

Viewing: 1-16 of 16
Return to 'Krivaň' main page