Laramie Peak Comments

Viewing: 1-10 of 10
mtwashingtonmonroe

mtwashingtonmonroe - Sep 19, 2004 10:45 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Very nice page! Good photos and overview of this peak. have a good one!

-Britt

Jerry L

Jerry L - Sep 20, 2004 5:25 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page. You've got some good photos as well.

hgrapid

hgrapid - Sep 23, 2004 3:54 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I have waited for someone to put up a page for this mountain! Eastern/Central Wyoming has a lot of interesting peaks, but so much focus is on the Tetons and the Wind River...as well as the Big Horns. I drove through Wyoming, and found a lot of amazing country out there! Some of the photos you put up resemble the Black Hills little bit, so I can tell this is a far different kind of mountain range than you wind in Northwestern Wyoming.



One suggestion:

Put the Glendo, Wyoming weather forecast in the links section. There is a way to get it to link directly from the main page, but you have to use HTML to do that.




href=website>text



you can try that, but it is tricky and often doesn't work correctly, so just put that information in the links section.



Great Job!!!

RyanS

RyanS - Nov 23, 2004 3:26 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I think the overview could be a little stronger, but overall well done. Here's a bit of info for you: Laramie is Wyoming's eigth most prominent peak.

skunk ape

skunk ape - Oct 30, 2007 6:38 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice!

Nice page!

eric-griz

eric-griz - Jun 27, 2009 11:30 am - Hasn't voted

Snowshoeing?

You write that the ascent would make a great snowshoe. How would one get to the trailhead to snowshoe up this thing in the winter? Perhaps this should be removed.

Trevor Simmons

Trevor Simmons - Jul 8, 2009 12:59 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Snowshoeing?

Thanks for the comment, Eric. But one hardly needs to get to the trailhead to enjoy snowshoeing up a mountain that is, compared to other peaks in the Rockies, quite short and relatively easy. In any case, my friends and I have hiked Laramie Peak in December, January, and February, and the roads are usually clear to just two miles or so short of the TH. Just snowshoe the access road and you'll be to the mountain in no time. It could be worse in the later spring months, but a one-day snowshoe trip is still very manageable.

eric-griz

eric-griz - Jul 31, 2009 10:35 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Snowshoeing?

Sorry,
I just know from my personal experience in November of 2005 that I was not able to get anywhere near the trailhead. Most of the road was clear, but deep drifts of snow prevented me from getting much past Esterbrook.

hgrapid

hgrapid - Mar 18, 2021 10:16 am - Voted 10/10

Good page but is there one glaring omission?

How many miles is the trail to the summit? Did I miss it in the description and route page, or is there an oversight?

scramblingbadger

scramblingbadger - Mar 18, 2021 7:21 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good page but is there one glaring omission?

Thanks for bringing this up. I went in and added info on this. It seems not all parties agree on exact mileage. One forest service site says 9.9 miles up and back. One hiker says a trailhead sign says 4.8 miles one-way. Other simply say 5 miles one-way. Whatever the exact mileage is, figuring on a 10-mile hike up and back is a good "ballpark figure".

Viewing: 1-10 of 10
Return to 'Laramie Peak' main page