Lewis Peak Comments

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
nebben

nebben - Jun 4, 2006 6:28 pm - Voted 9/10

looks good

I climbed most of the way to the top last year at one point when I was searching the Wasatch for a region that wasn't inundated with thunderstorms. This was the only one I could find at the time that wouldn't take me all night (I started at 4PM).

The page looks good, but some of the text needs to be edited still (insert link information here...etc.), and the lat/lon information added.

Dean

Dean - Sep 4, 2009 8:39 pm - Voted 10/10

Pk. 8136

I thought I'd add a note regarding a peak that you can easily miss on the way to Lewis Peak. Pk 8136 (click on link) is actually 100 higher than Lewis and becomes the prominence peak of the area with 1956 feet of prominence. It was the reason I went up the trail today, not to visit Lewis but to visit this other peak, the one noted simply on the map as 8136. My GPS read 3 miles from the TH and with the weather starting to look threatening, I backed off of also doing Lewis Pk (which I had hoped to visit) When I arrived at the top of Pk 8136, a guy on a small trail motorcycle arrived at the same time. He was surprised to find out that this peak was higher than Lewis.

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - Sep 4, 2009 9:08 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Pk. 8136

Peak 8,136 is also known as Eyrie Peak or Mount Eyrie. I'm not sure exactly where the name comes from. There is a Mount Eyrie Park in Ogden so maybe that has something to do with it. The main trail goes right next to this peak so it is easy to combine all of the points on the ridge plus Lewis Peak.

imontop

imontop - Sep 7, 2009 12:16 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Pk. 8136

Thanks Dean. I've heard about the name and also had heard that it was higher the Lewis. I just wasn't sure which one it was. I've been on all those bumps that are along the ridge to Lewis. So, how was the hike? Have you been on Lewis before?

Dean

Dean - Sep 7, 2009 10:28 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Pk. 8136

I hadn't been to this area before. It was a good hike but I did the shortened version by only going to Pk. 8136 (Eyrie?). I've got some pics and will post them perhaps as a route page for this 8136 fellow. To pick off the peak only requires about a 100 foot effort on the way to Lewis. I put a register up on the northeast side, about 20 feet below the summit and hid it due to the motorcyclists etc.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Lewis Peak' main page