Viewing: 1-20 of 53
McCannster

McCannster - Nov 12, 2005 1:26 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Thanks for posting. This is on my seemingly large list of peaks to do in the next few years.

Dean

Dean - Nov 12, 2005 2:24 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for your vote. I notice that you've been putting up some pages and I commend you for that. If you are interested in this peak, it is a county highpoint and they are fun to do. If you don't have a copy of Suttles California county summit book, get a copy. Also check out this great resource HERE



Have fun and be safe.

desainme

desainme - Nov 12, 2005 6:34 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Sparse summit log. A reason to wear a hazmat suit!

Dean

Dean - Nov 12, 2005 8:49 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thank you for the vote. Yeah, the summit log didn't have a lot of entries since not many people do this one. Funny how peaks like this are sometimes the most memorable.

BobSmith

BobSmith - Nov 12, 2005 6:55 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Very nice post.

BobSmith

BobSmith - Nov 12, 2005 7:07 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Yep. Poison ivy and poison oak. And bears. Seems there are more bears every year. When I was a kid, you hardly saw a bear outside the Smokies. Now they're all over the mountains. They're so thick in the Standing Indian basin that it's hard to go there and not see at least one.

Jonodo

Jonodo - Nov 12, 2005 10:06 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great page, Dean. I totally agree with your assessment on the brush in that area. It SUCKS! I'll have to think long and hard about climbing this one. The Topos are a great addition. The area is hard enough to navigate as it is. Great effort!

Dean

Dean - Nov 12, 2005 10:32 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thank you for your vote and comments. I originally felt that there was no way to do a page on this one but for the past few months, I kept feeling that Yolo county's highpoint deserved a page because it is unique and a challenge. I believe this pic shows Lowery peak ( tell me what you think). My middle name is Lowery so I was surprised to find out a peak with that name. BTW, you can do this one but don't do it alone. I think Dingus Milktoast (Craig Harris) would be willing to do it with you sometime. You might want to contact him.

Dean

Dean - Nov 12, 2005 12:20 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thank you, I appreciate your taking the time to check out this one.

cmc56789

cmc56789 - Nov 12, 2005 12:21 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Interesting page... Not sure this one really sounds that fun though.

Dean

Dean - Nov 12, 2005 12:30 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

No, not fun but an adventure. Dennis P. from Medford has done this one twice (but only cuz I begged him to do it the second time) Thanks for your vote, Rock Creek Butte is a lot more fun.

Dow Williams

Dow Williams - Nov 12, 2005 12:46 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Hey Dean, going back to Moab in January if I had not already said something to you (was February, changed it). I really love this area and we have spent most of our time in St George and Zion previously. Going to rent a place for the whole month. Will be doing some tech routes in Arches most of the time, but looking to explore as well. Maybe we can hook up. Cheers.

Dean

Dean - Nov 13, 2005 10:07 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks Tazz. You can now see how much fun I have outside the state of Washington.

wildstar

wildstar - Nov 12, 2005 4:57 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

This is a good page.

Dean

Dean - Nov 12, 2005 5:22 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thank you for the comment and the vote. Thanks also to that other Medford guy, Dennis Poulin for taking the lead on this hike. It was nice to go with a person that knew the way.

Dean

Dean - Nov 13, 2005 12:21 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks Melinda, I saw that you did Gass Peak and Fool Creek Peak recently. I'm glad you enjoyed Gass, that is a neat one and Fool Creek is on my to do list. I like your new profile pic, that is a neat shot.

rgreene

rgreene - Nov 13, 2005 10:05 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Very cool page! I have to do this hike, who wants to go with me??? :)

Dean

Dean - Nov 13, 2005 11:29 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

I'm willing to bet you get some takers on this one. Maybe Bob Burd could be enticed into hooking up as I know it is on his list.

Thanks for the vote, this one was actually kind of nice to get crossed off my list.

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Nov 13, 2005 1:06 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great page, Dean. Enjoyed it.

Dean

Dean - Nov 13, 2005 2:46 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks Brian. Dennis uses this peak to get in alpine shape for doing Denali. He looks kind of strange though wearing crampons, plastic boots and carrying an ice axe while he does this one. If you play your cards right, you might be able to get him to "guide" you on this one should you ever be inclined to do LIttle Blue Peak.

Viewing: 1-20 of 53
Return to 'Little Blue Peak' main page