Viewing: 1-5 of 5
surgent

surgent - Jun 24, 2008 2:34 pm - Voted 10/10

There are two

Hi Bob, you may want to mention there are two peaks by this name in Henderson County - yours, and another located on the county's extreme northwest corner along the Blue Ridge Parkway at this location. The second one is the county highpoint, but a brambly short hike and not nearly as pretty as the Little Pisgah you describe.

BobSmith

BobSmith - Jun 24, 2008 6:43 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: There are two

According to one of my maps, the other one is in Haywood County. I did already mention that there are two, but I clarified that the one I posted is not the one on the Parkway.

surgent

surgent - Jun 25, 2008 11:09 am - Voted 10/10

Re: There are two

It's actually on the county corner with Buncombe, Haywood and Transylvania counties, not far from "Big" Pisgah Peak, which I think is within Haywood completely. Just details. Pisgah must be a popular name out there. It's like here in AZ: every third peak is called "Apache Peak".

lcarreau

lcarreau - Feb 19, 2009 11:30 pm - Voted 10/10

Bob ?

Who exactly is it that owns the area around Little Pisgah?
What do these folks do for a living - do they run cattle?
If you can set up a dialog with the disgruntled landowners, maybe
a deal can be made as where to gain access to the peak???

Good luck, Bob!

BobSmith

BobSmith - Feb 19, 2009 11:58 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Bob ?

Actually, from my one hike to the summit, and from looking at various diagrams of the area, it looks as if there are a number of land owners, both small and large.

Part of the mountain is owned by a land conservancy, so that part is still safe. It has a number of popular marked trails on it. But the summit is, from what I understand, off limits now. One had to walk through a number of fences to hit the summit.

I would assume that it would be up to the land conservancy who owns the other property to work out access to the top. Or maybe if they could come up with the funds to buy a corridor to the top.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Little Pisgah Mountain (Henderson County)' main page