McAfee Peak Comments

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Dean

Dean - Aug 18, 2009 11:12 pm - Voted 10/10

Great addition

Thanks for adding this one.

rayray

rayray - Aug 20, 2009 12:10 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great addition

You're welcome, and thank you! Hope you can make it here for this one soon!
Ray

D-bo

D-bo - Aug 19, 2009 12:48 am - Voted 10/10

Good Job!

Looks like a great mountain and destination.

rayray

rayray - Aug 20, 2009 12:11 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Good Job!

Thank you, D! That was my first time in that part of the Independence Mtns, so I'll have make a return trip to explore some more.
Ray

famartin1 - Jul 23, 2013 4:19 am - Hasn't voted

Tried a slightly different route

Today (Monday the 22nd of July) I tried a route from North Fork Road (northeast of the summit). Headed west on North Fork from NV-225 into the canyon and parked at the large semi-circular flat area just northeast of the old open pit mine. Headed up the 4-wheel drive road which headed due south from there, which ascends to near the top of the mine before petering out. Then continued up the ridgeline I was on to the first high "summit-let" (9936 on your map). Continued down the ridgeline as you had to McAfee. On the way back made partial use of your shortcut to get down faster when the large boulders etc on the ridgeline finally drove me nuts ;) This route was necessary for me since I have a low clearance 2-wheel drive vehicle which probably couldn't get anywhere near your trailhead ;) About 4 miles of distance and 3238 of net gain one way; absolute gain probably close to 4000 on the ascent.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'McAfee Peak' main page