Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Mar 3, 2004 1:07 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I'm starting with three stars to leave room for improvement. Much of the neccessary information is already there but I would recommend the following:



- Getting there: here you should say something how you get to the Azores (by plane obviously) and how you get to Pico Island. I suppose there are regular flights from Lissabon or Porto and maybe some other European airports like Heathrow or Frankfurt. Where is the international airport? Are there other airports on the other islands. Do you need to take ferries, etc...

- Weather: I suppose there is a website, dedicated to the weather on the Azores. If so, just insert the link (see FAQ #8) in the mountain conditions page.

- Accomodation: you say something about camping - I would be interested in the general tourism situation on the islands (where to find rooms or appartments - just the general info). There certainly is a tourism office, perhaps with a website, but certainly with a phone number.

- Nature,wildlife: I know that not everyone on SP agrees but II find it useful to read and see (pictures) something about the wildlife in the area. And I'm especially interested in the Azores.



The upside about all this is that you can "recycle" the information, if you want to do another peak in the Azores.



I'm not sure if that's a good template but have a look at my Pico Ruivo page on Madeira with its routes to see what I mean.



Anyhow, it's a good start for your first mountain!



Cheers and welcome to SP

Gangolf

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Mar 4, 2004 12:58 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Thanks for listening to my "wish-list". Here's another one:



you have a lot of links included in your page by now. Perhaps you could "activate" them. If you don't know how, look in the FAQ's, topic #8. I change the vote to four stars anyway.



Cheers

Gangolf

tlogan

tlogan - Mar 4, 2004 5:11 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page.. I have big plans to visits these islands in the near future and a climb would break up the time spent on the beach quite nicely.

Nikolas_A

Nikolas_A - Mar 5, 2004 1:58 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page, welcome to SP! Please make the links active and add more info to the texts

jclode

jclode - Sep 26, 2004 8:05 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

A página esta boa. Tenho muita curiosidade em escalar essa montanha. Se calhar vou faze-lo em Fevereiro.

SawtoothSean

SawtoothSean - Jan 28, 2006 1:54 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice- excellent quality- thanks!

John Climber

John Climber - Jan 30, 2006 4:53 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Interesting peak ! Thanks for adding.

RicardoEchanove1

RicardoEchanove1 - Aug 28, 2010 7:46 am - Voted 10/10

Interesting...

Interesting peak! I would like to climb it in the nexts summers, someday...

Do you know if its possible to climb it from the level of the sea?

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Montanha do Pico' main page