Morey Peak Comments

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
redsplashman23

redsplashman23 - Nov 27, 2009 5:13 pm - Voted 10/10

Great Page

Great Page MoapaPk! I liked your photos you have on the page as well! Also to note, Morey peak comes in at # 93 on the Nevada 2000 ft. Prominence List.

MoapaPk

MoapaPk - Nov 27, 2009 5:19 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great Page

Thanks, I put up few pages but really do try to make them informational, to a point of dryness. I rarely ever check the "what's new" page, since there aren't too many for Southern NV.

It's a nice mellow area; I recommend it. The western route will get you to the higher peaks more quickly, but boy that road is rough on paint jobs.

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Nov 27, 2009 8:14 pm - Voted 10/10

As usual...

...a very well-done page. I got a laugh at the bit over pictures of the register. Like you, I can't imagine why that would be important. It makes me glad that most peaks I go after don't have registers!

MoapaPk

MoapaPk - Nov 27, 2009 8:53 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: As usual...

Thanks. I was also criticized for giving too much detail. I just want to document a few obscure peaks, that are so hard to visit, only the obsessed will bother!

There are a lot of peaks without registers in that range. Morey happens to be on a few lists, though.

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Nov 29, 2009 10:30 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: As usual...

Well, not only did you give too much detail, offending those who don't get the concept of not reading if they don't want to and those who believe "their" mountains should be kept secret (while expecting tax dollars to preserve those places), but you also made the front page with it. Now you surely will be tried for heresy or treason!

Dean

Dean - Nov 29, 2009 10:50 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: As usual...

Since I'm one of the obsessed, I appreciate all the details you have provided. Few visit these Nevada peaks and that probably won't change. Sacha and I did some after we did Pilot Peak that probably see only one summit party a year and those are always the same people. John, Barbara and Gordon and Tom R. from Reno are almost always the ones who leave the registers. I for one like registers, particularly on these isolated summits. Thanks for joining me on the front page. lol.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Morey Peak' main page