Mount Guyot Comments

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Sarah Simon

Sarah Simon - Aug 5, 2009 9:30 pm - Hasn't voted

Guyot

Hello!

It seems we were on this mountain on the same day. I assume you were with "Troop 93"? (Pardon if I have the wrong number.)

I was with all the dirty backpacking women (group of 14 = Crusty Bag-Ettes).

Cheers!

Sarah

farrisgl

farrisgl - Aug 6, 2009 1:42 am - Hasn't voted

Small "World"

Hi Sarah. That was us!

In signing the register only one other group on the summit so far this year.

Where did you end of exiting?

We exited Onion Valley on Saturday. Ended up dealing with 5 straight days of thunderstorms but it was still a great trip.

I am heading back in at Red's Meadow next Friday to hopefully pick up Banner and Ritter then exiting in the Valley.

How about you?

Gary

Sarah Simon

Sarah Simon - Aug 6, 2009 10:05 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Small

Gary,

We camped at Crabtree for 3 days and summitted Whitney, then sorta back-tracked, taking a detour to camp next to an un-named pond at the mouth of Mitre Basin.

This weekend I'm back home in Colorado...not 100% sure what's on tap but (surprise!) I'm sure it will involve summitting a peak.

Sarah

farrisgl

farrisgl - Aug 6, 2009 1:50 am - Hasn't voted

Do you have a good Picture of Guyot?

Hi Sarah,

Do you have a good photo of Guyot from the distance? I took a bunch from the summit but not a single one from the distance. I had to borrow one from the web and would like to use a better one.

Thanks!

Gary

Sarah Simon

Sarah Simon - Aug 6, 2009 10:04 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Do you have a good Picture of Guyot?

Gary,

I've posted/attached several Guyot photos to this page. You are welcome to use my photos in this page. I've got a few pretty good ones from the peak from both the south and the north.

Sarah

lanewman - Jul 1, 2013 6:40 pm - Hasn't voted

Found a Camera

In a recent trip up Mt Guyot, I found a camera along the way. Looks like it might have been lost towards the end of last year. Battery and camera still work nicely but unfortunately no contact information. Please contact me if you think you might know who's it is.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Mount Guyot' main page