Mount Herman Comments

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
shanrickv

shanrickv - Sep 25, 2005 1:45 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great page. I can see this peak from my back deck. You can see some nasty Colorado weather in this area.

2skinners - Sep 25, 2005 6:22 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Very nice informative page. Great addition to SP. Thanks!!

BobSmith

BobSmith - Sep 25, 2005 9:44 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice post.

mtwashingtonmonroe

mtwashingtonmonroe - Sep 25, 2005 5:31 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page and cool pics!

-Britt

kilimanjaro1

kilimanjaro1 - Jan 16, 2006 12:29 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I need to do this one soon. Thanks!

Jeremy Hakes

Jeremy Hakes - Apr 22, 2008 11:37 am - Voted 10/10

Nice page, but ...

This hike is NOT class 1. Class 1 is sidewalk or almost level, unobstructed trail with no obstacles. Not a difficult hike, but it is class 2.

csmcgranahan

csmcgranahan - Apr 22, 2008 2:09 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice page, but ...

The Barr Trail to the top of Pikes Peak is considered Class 1 with the top part through the 16 Golden Stairs considered difficult Class 1. If you stay on trail and follow the cairns I don't think the Mt. Herman trail is any more difficult than the Barr Trail. Just my opinion. Thanks for the input.

skijulie - Jun 1, 2010 9:08 am - Hasn't voted

Mt Herman Rocks!

I, too, can see it from my back deck and have climbed it, gosh, over 25 times. There are some trails (albeit steeper) that lead to the top and just across the front. There is an almost 2000 foot elevation gain.

Oh, yeah, winter is amazing on the mountain. I've snowshoed through 3 feet of snow before - with a shit-ass grin on my face. Enjoy! The trail is usually nice and shady until you reach the rocky part leading to the summit.

summit21

summit21 - Feb 13, 2019 4:02 pm - Hasn't voted

Trail Data is incorrect and alternate TH (East Face)...

The distance from the #716TH is approximately 1.1 miles to the summit with about 900 feet of gain. Maybe the author meant RT distance of 2.2 miles? There is also a trail up the East/NE ridge side that starts just off the intersection of Mount Herman road and Red Rocks Dr. w/ a larger parking area. This approach is more like the Incline (minus the RR ties) gaining 1690 feet in just over 1.3 miles. I do my hill training quite often on Mount Herman, approaching 100 summits. There are so many variations you can do with the trails on and around Mount Herman/Limbaugh Canyon.

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Return to 'Mount Herman' main page