Mount Powell Comments

Viewing: 1-20 of 32
12
mpbro

mpbro - Apr 23, 2003 9:28 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Awesome work, Aaron. I love the Gore Range. Compared to some of the terrain nearby, this area is lush. I have great memories of fishing Piney Lake with my dad. They rent boats there and you can catch rainbows & browns in the 11-14" range all day long.



Do you know when the road to Piney Lake opens?



Also, have you seen Theron Welch's awesome Gore Range page? I'd add the link, but I'll leave it up to you to decide exactly which page(s) to link.





-Morgan

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Apr 24, 2003 5:26 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Morgan-thanks for the kind words and vote. As you can see, my illustrious associate Mr. Theron Welch paid the Mount Powell page a visit. So in answer to your question-a resounding YES. I'm thrilled to have him here at SP. Seems more pages I make, the more you reminisce about Colorado. Once you "escape," it's safe to say Colorado figures prominently in your future. Hopefully the other half will agree!

Colonelpyat

Colonelpyat - Apr 24, 2003 12:40 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice one! I was checking out the Gore Range from Vail a few weeks back and it was all I could do to keep from skiing into trees and Texans with my eyes riveted to those peaks and ridges up there. Now I can check it out from the relative safety of home. I thank you. The trees thank you. And, presumably, the Texans thank you.

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Apr 24, 2003 5:22 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Jim-I believe you would just love the Gores. One thing's for sure-you won't find any Texans there. If you get into the Gores, let me know what you think.

Alan Ellis

Alan Ellis - Apr 24, 2003 5:16 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Another interesting place that I must visit. At this rate, I will run out of years before I run out of mountains.

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Apr 24, 2003 5:21 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Allan-how true. I'm finding I must use my time wisely when chosing my mountains. I'm sure this is why Peak C is now near the top of your list. Tell Jackie that she WILL LIKE IT once she gets there. I am finally running out of mountains from past experiences that are worth submitting. I've suggested that Theron submit Peak C, but if he doesn't, I certainly will. But until I've got more worth submitting, the rest of you can take up the slack. Thanks for your vote on Mount Powell.

Fred Spicker

Fred Spicker - Apr 24, 2003 5:20 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Very thorough as usual.



cruzit

cruzit - Apr 24, 2003 5:55 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great page...please don't give Alan any more ideas:)

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Apr 24, 2003 5:17 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Peak C has that quality that calls to certain climbers. I'm surprised it has not shown up on SP until now, other than it is an obscure peak. Folks at SP will certainly be inspired by it's appearance. As for giving Allan ideas-well gee-it's a GRREAT IDEA! YEAH BABY! (Austin Power's gnarly toothed grin here). Thanks for your vote!

Andy

Andy - Apr 24, 2003 7:45 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Another nice one. The Gore Range is another area on the top of my list to see.



I'm with Fred--when do we get a C page? :)

Oznid

Oznid - Apr 24, 2003 8:19 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good job on this web page, Aaron. Great descriptive and fun-to-read text. Awesome photos too. My favorite is the one of the Spider; it's really captured well.



-Theron

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Apr 24, 2003 5:05 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Theron-my thanks to you for stopping by. Your work on the Gores is a grand inspiration for mountain lovers everywhere, and particularly for me! My thanks to you for taking time to discuss my proposed route up Peak C. I'll let you know how it goes.

Steven Cross

Steven Cross - Apr 24, 2003 8:45 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I have read about this mountain but have never seen any good pictures of it. After reading your write up of it I am now highly interested in it. Yet another mountain and range on my wish list.

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Apr 24, 2003 4:53 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Steven-thanks for the vote. I think you will like the Gores. They are right up your alley and they are not far from Denver.

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Apr 24, 2003 1:04 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

You put together great pages, Aaron.

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Apr 24, 2003 4:51 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Brian-thanks for stopping by and the kind words. I need to get by your pages, now that I'm running out of mountains to submit.

Grant

Grant - Apr 24, 2003 1:40 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great page.

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Apr 24, 2003 4:50 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks, Grant.

Kane

Kane - Apr 25, 2003 6:39 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

The perfect intro to our elusive Gores. I have feeling that the letter "C" has some deep spiritual meaning to you. You dream about "C", don't you? Who can blame you, what an incredible looking mountain. I hope and prey you get "C" this summer. Therons links are perfect. CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC



It's callin your name.

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Apr 25, 2003 4:07 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks, Kane. You really do understand...

Viewing: 1-20 of 32
12
Return to 'Mount Powell' main page