Mount Senger Comments

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Sep 28, 2011 2:41 pm - Voted 10/10

As usual...

another great page deserving of the front page feature, Chad.
Did a loop hike, starting from Edison Lake and ending at the same, passing by all the lakes you are showing on your map. Didn't do any peaks but did a lot of scary creek crossings during a rain storm the last day of the hike. Incredibly beautiful area.

mrchad9

mrchad9 - Sep 28, 2011 4:48 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: As usual...

Thanks Marc! I've missed this area and had been looking forward to returning last month after having done the JMT in 2006. I had no issues with stream crossings this trip, but Hilgard Creek and Bear Creek were two of the most challenging crossings I'd ever done on my previous trip. Was a super big snow year and also immediately after a warm rain storm similar to your experience. Even the little stream in Rosemarie Meadow was waist deep at the time.

boyblue

boyblue - Oct 31, 2012 1:23 am - Voted 10/10

Wonderful Area

I almost climbed Senger on the same day I climbed Gemini, but the weather seemed to be deteriorating throughout the day (it fooled me, as usual). Great page, mrchad. The pictures really make me want to go back and revisit this region.

mrchad9

mrchad9 - Oct 31, 2012 4:19 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Wonderful Area

Thanks boyblue. I really enjoyed my visits to the area too. Splendid place to hang out for a while. Thanks for the compliment!

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Mount Senger' main page