Mount Stakes Comments

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
hgrapid

hgrapid - Mar 30, 2005 9:52 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I could mountain bike 30 miles in my sleep. Hiking...not so much. Good work!

Dean

Dean - Mar 30, 2005 12:34 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

This is a tough county highpoint if you have to do it the almost legal way. I haven't done it YET, but since I have 27 of Californias Cohp's under my belt with another dozen planned for this year, I will have to face up to doing it and Santa Barbara's Hp sometime in the future. I added the book reference to Gary Suttle's fine book. Another good resource can be found at www.cohp.org Click on the California map and bring up the counties you are interested in.

Bob Burd

Bob Burd - Mar 30, 2005 11:30 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Not so hard as Dean indicates. Start early in the morning and you can be done before the hunting club members arrive to shoot your ass off. :-)

blmcclain

blmcclain - Apr 1, 2005 6:06 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

nice work RG

Matt Worster

Matt Worster - Jul 19, 2005 12:31 pm - Voted 8/10

Untitled Comment

Nice job. I've done this hike from Coe, and it's a long weekend, especially when trying to abide by the rangers' gate times.

I've done enough stealthing that I'm starting to feel guilty. If there are methods of contacting the landowners and they are at all amenable, posting their info would be great. If they are not amenable, post that, too. The hunting club does not appear to own the land on the east side of the Stakes ridge, but I don't know the hunting club info either. It may be possible to arrange a visitor's fee or somesuch, similar to a NH county highpoint back east (although their fee is exorbitant!)

I gotta stop these rambling posts . . .

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Mount Stakes' main page