Viewing: 1-4 of 4
EastKing

EastKing - Feb 27, 2006 9:23 am - Voted 10/10

Mt. Washington

I know that the mountains of Washington State have been pounded with snow. How much snow has the city of Seattle received so far.

I had a two week trip in which I was going to climb Mount Baker, Daniel, Pugh and Vesper. Maybe I should stay another week and climb both Washingtons (Olympics and Cascades). Nice addition. Update me when it is done.

-EK

gimpilator

gimpilator - Feb 27, 2006 4:59 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Mt. Washington

Yes we have had a lot of snow this year but it's mostly been above 3000 feet. I wouldn't even dare hiking anywhere on the mountain-loop highway right now. Two people plunged off the same cliff to their death within 10 days of each other this month on Mt. Dickerman. The I-90 day hikes don't seem to be too bad right now. I'm going to try Mailbox Peak on Saturday.

Dean

Dean - Feb 27, 2006 8:18 pm - Voted 8/10

Nice addition...

..to the peaks in the I-90 corridor. Always nice to have another alternative to Mt. Si that we all know and love. You've done a nice job with the information about this one and I encourage you to keep adding pics, particularly some when it is sunnier (to prove to those who live outside the northwest that it is sunny here from time to time).

gimpilator

gimpilator - Feb 27, 2006 11:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice addition...

Thank you for the suggestion and the vote. It was kind of dark out last Saturday. I plan to return soon when the weather is better to get more photographs.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Mount Washington (Snoqualmie)' main page