Mt Arrowsmith Comments

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
camerona91

camerona91 - Feb 21, 2007 11:44 pm - Voted 10/10

Good

Good to see stuff from Vancouver Island up here! Need to add a few more routes. I can add the Main Snow Gully if you want and maybe some information on access to the Ice Box. I liked your picture descending Brugger's. Could do with mroe specific information on trailheads-distances, flagging, etc.

vancouver islander

vancouver islander - Feb 22, 2007 12:52 am - Hasn't voted

Thanks

Please feel free to add any additional routes you want. Many pictures that others have added are of the Main Gully. If you attach a daughter page for the MG route, these pictures could be transferred, although we'd likely have to contact the owner(s) to get permission.

Regarding distances and flagging, I've given precise distances for parking for Judges and Saddle. I don't see how I could improve those. Both routes are well trodden and don't need any detailed description of flagging in my opinion (not like, say, on the Augerpoint Traverse). Any accurate distances for the MG can be included in your route description when you add it.

I could amend the route description for the Saddle/Nose to describe the two sets of flagging; the one in the forest and the one up the bluffs to climbers right. If I remenber correctly the first is blue and the second red, right? I always take the more open route up the bluffs, so am not sure. However, all this pertains to the route description not the main page.

Thanks again for your helpful suggestions. I look forward to seeing the new page(s) when you've attached them.

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Sep 20, 2009 10:55 am - Voted 10/10

A silly question for you, Martin!

Which came first, Arrowsmith, the rock and roll band, or Arrosmith, the mountain?

vancouver islander

vancouver islander - Sep 20, 2009 11:38 am - Hasn't voted

Not really - good question

Hey Marc. Arrowsmith is named for member of the crew of one of the early Royal Navy vessels associated with settlement of the Island. This is one of my early SP pages on Island mountains and I didn't include a history section - as you may have noticed I usually do. I'll make it a winter project to add this to some of them.

I think we might have a Mt Tyler somewhere though....

Cheers, Martin

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Mt Arrowsmith' main page